props to mike lewis (1 Viewer)

diat150

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
he has been doing a excellent job on kick returns and we pretty much start at least at the 30 yard line now instead of the 20 or even less.

Yes, I appreciate the renewed emphasis on special teams (with McAfee, Cundiff, and Lewis). I know Payton made a big deal about players being able to play more then one spot, and he made his point (it had more to do with guys like our #5 WR Jamal Jones needing to be committed to special teams play as well as being a WR), but we needed help and guys like Lewis have a real impact on the team.

It's good to see Mike back and playing well. I just wish they use his speed on offense sometimes.

So nice to see Lewis starting us on the 30 yard line consistently instead of stecker stumbling to the 18.

He really sparked us on Sunday ... we hadn't moved the ball well on offense early and then San Fransisco goes up 3-0. They kickoff and he returns the ball to the 50ish. All downhill for San Fransisco after that.

Nice to see him rounding back into form, but, I have to say this:

Nobody gets tackled by the kicker more than Michael Lewis.

If he could ever figure out how to make it past that last guy, he'd rewrite the record books.

If Beerman would have been healthy the whole season he would be a lock for the pro bowl. I hope he takes one to endzone against the cowboys.

How old is Beerman now, anyway? He still seems to be the fastest guy on the team, including Bush.

Of course, age doesn't have everything to do with it. Darrel Green was hitting 40, and still one of the league's fastest.

Nice to see him rounding back into form, but, I have to say this:

Nobody gets tackled by the kicker more than Michael Lewis.

If he could ever figure out how to make it past that last guy, he'd rewrite the record books.

which is usually a good thing. I think its because he is pretty easy to tackle and isnt a shifty runner. his game is letting his blockers set him up then blasting thru the hole.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom