Props to Tay Train & Easton (1 Viewer)

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Murray and Easton both showed out when called upon yesterday. Murray is one of the better backs in the league but usually doesn't get enough carries to demonstrate his full abilities. Even though Denver knew we were mostly running yesterday, Murray still banged and cut his way to 124 yards on 19 carries for an impressive 6.5 yard per carry average. Easton played in Peat's spot and the blocking scheme often had him pulling to the right. He opened several holes for Kamara and Taysom by pulling (his most impressive plays), contributed to some of Murray's interior runs with man-on-man blocking, and did a pretty good job in pass pro.

Both of these guys do deserve a lot of praise. Saved Murray through the season for games just like this. You have to as a coach when the schedule comes out, circle this game as a ground pound kind of game and Murray is dominant when given the carries. Easton may be our most flexible linemen we have had in a long time

The Easton signing caught hell initially, but coach was thinking long term usage. I’m so happy we signed this guy.

He’s the new Kelemete(?) He moves all over the line and has been a Godsend when our starters have gone down.

Worth every penny.
Really wished we could have found a way to keep Kelemete, but Easton has been a pleasant surprise. Better than advertised when we signed him away from Minny.

No concerns over our lines run blocking at all. Pass blocking still has some sketchy moments but they are getting it done.

It's an adjustment. The Saints pass blocking is more than just standing up the guy in front of you. Yesterday Taysom was out of sync with the rhythm of the line. He held passes a second longer than he should. He'll get a better feel.

Good to see positive posts about yesterdays game. Murray balled and Easton beasted.
Some Saints fans have become spoiled by all of the regular season success we've been having over the last few years. I remember back in the 80's when getting the 9th win on the season was like winning the Super Bowl b/c the Saints had never had a winning season for decades. Wanted to try to bring some balance to the Denver game discussion.

Murray and Easton both showed out when called upon yesterday. Murray is one of the better backs in the league but usually doesn't get enough carries to demonstrate his full abilities. Even though Denver knew we were mostly running yesterday, Murray still banged and cut his way to 124 yards on 19 carries for an impressive 6.5 yard per carry average. Easton played in Peat's spot and the blocking scheme often had him pulling to the right. He opened several holes for Kamara and Taysom by pulling (his most impressive plays), contributed to some of Murray's interior runs with man-on-man blocking, and did a pretty good job in pass pro.

I would add Hurst to this list also.

I like Easton’s attitude and think he’s a good addition to the line. He’s very chippy and plays to the whistle. Yesterday he got up from the pile and a Bronco lineman stuck out his hand for help. Easton left him hanging and got in another Bronco lineman’s face to give him the business. I like that and think it’s a missing piece to our other linemen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom