Props to the Offensive Line (1 Viewer)

CHEF

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
While Brees was sacked twice, the offensive line did a great job at protection and a great job of opening holes especially late. Bushrod had a very good game IMO. Didn't hear Cole's name mentioned much. Great job as usual.

Some of the pressure was from Brees taking to long in the pocket.

But yeah, the O-line was sick. Bushrod is stepping up.

I also love the 3 tackle set we have.

Was Stinch replaced in 2nd half??....I've sen Zac Strief at the RT position....??

The pressure was definitely contained for the most part, Brees also helps to make the O line look better as usual.

Mad Props...This is one of the best defenses in the league and usually cause nightmare's for opposing QB's (see Jake Delhomme) but with the exception of a couple of plays, Brees had all the protection he needed to dissect the D. And the run blocking was very good again!!

Very solid job in both the pass and run blocking departments. A few breakdowns, but that's to be expected against a good D like Philly's. Basically, the only team that can stop our offense right now is the Saints with dumb turnovers. We can be a dominant team this season if we stay healthy and focused. I love me some Evans and Nicks.

Was Stinch replaced in 2nd half??....I've sen Zac Strief at the RT position....??
Zach Strief was lined up next to Stinchcomb at times for running and next to Bushrod for extra pass protection. Bushrod did struggle at times, i wouldnt put everything on "brees holding onto the ball too long" he rarely holds the ball that long, he has one of the quickest releases in the nfl, makes the quickest descisions, he needs less time than most quarterbacks. Sometimes on big plays he has to wait an extra second for them to develop, so of course the line will have to step it up on those plays.

Brees makes the o-line look good on passing plays. They were however good in the running game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom