Prospects the Saints have met with (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
saintsb_logo.gif
New Orleans Saints:
Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon (PRO)
Ezekiel Ansah, DL, BYU (PRI)
Josh Boyd, DL, Mississippi State (EW)
John Boyett, DB, Oregon (PRI)
Sanders Commings, DB, Georgia (PRO)
Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall (SR)
Tyrone Goard, WR, Eastern Kentucky (EW)
Zaviar Gooden, LB, Missouri (SR)
Corey Grissom, DL, South Florida (SR)
Demontre Hurst, CB, Oklahoma (EW)
Lane Johnson, OL, Oklahoma (PRI)
Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia (PRI)
Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati (COM)
Zach Line, RB, SMU (EW)
Michael Mauti, LB, Penn State (PRI)
TJ McDonald, DB, USC (SR)
Bradley McDougald, S, Kansas (EW)
Leon McFadden, DB, San Diego State (SR)
Brendan Melanophy, DB, Fordham (PRO)
Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon (SR)
Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M (VINT) (EW)
Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia (PRI)
Chris Pantale, TE, Boston College (EW)
Kawann Short, DL, Purdue (PRO)
Trent Steelman, WR, Army (EW)
Cooper Taylor, S, Richmond (EW)
Chase Thomas, LB, Stanford (SR)
Ryan Travis, DB, Tulane (PRI)
Derrick Washington, RB, Tuskegee (INT)
Brandon Williams, DL, Missouri Southern (SR)
Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor (SR)
Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas (SR)

Other than Lane Johnson all the possible first round prospects are all defense

Edit:SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day meeting.
PRI - Private Workout.
% - indicates more than one meeting.
# - indicates meeting set up outside of the 2013 Senior Bowl or the 2013 East-West Shrine Game

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013meetingsteams.php

Last edited:
Didn't they have a ton of scouts at Collins pro day? You would have to think they met with him.

What do the letters in ( ) mean? It would also be awesome to have this list broken down by projected round.

Thanks for sharing!

I don't see Mingo on the list.. Total smokescreen.

Edit: in fact, I don't see any LSU players at all on there, but the Saints were at LSU's pro day.

What do the letters in ( ) mean? It would also be awesome to have this list broken down by projected round.

Thanks for sharing!

Senior Bowl, East-West Shrine Game, Pro Day, Private workout, combine. I can't figure out INT or VINT.

LB 6

DL 5

DB 6

S 2

CB 1

OL 1

TE 2

WR 5

RB 3

QB 1

These are the positions broken down. Where will they go... I was too lazy to look them up, but you can see the big names and guess where they are projected.

I will add that it could mean nothing at all, and sometimes we could be holding a private interview because we have a few unanswered questions about them.

Just a guess, but maybe INT is interview, and VINT is video interview.. could be wrong

INT = interested

VINT = very interested

I'm not sure about the methodology involved in determining this, but I believe that's what the acronyms mean.

INT = interested

VINT = very interested

I'm not sure about the methodology involved in determining this, but I believe that's what the acronyms mean.

So we are "very interested" in 1 runningback and "interested" in another runningback? Really?

INT = interested

VINT = very interested

Seems like that could be it but the only two with those are RB's. If we draft a RB at all that would be just disheartening and a wasted pick.

I know the Saints had scouts at Mississippi State's Pro Day as well to look at both Banks and Slay. They may not have had a chance to actually speak with either of those guys same with Collins (USM) since there were like 28 teams represented at the Pro Day. I am sure plenty of teams were lining up to speak with them as well as every other Pro Day so who knows if they see what they like and not want to tip their hat and have to head to the next University for the next Pro Day

Along with no LSU guys on that list...take everything with a grain of salt. Most teams don't want to tip their hats or throw in a little misdirection as well right now. Could also be padding their draft board as well.

Anyone have a list like this from previous years? I'd be interested to see how many picks we've made on players that we met with

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom