Protecting Brees from Miller, Ware, etc (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I no secret that so far this season our Offensive Line have played beyond expectations. Everyone had a right to be worried after what we witnessed in the Preseason. Getting Evans back has been huge, Strief so far has redeemed himself from what I felt was a subpar season last year; And Andrus Peat has stepped up huge playing both Left Tackle and Guard.

Now come the vaunted Denver Broncos defense with mainly means Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware, arguably the best pass rushing tandem in the league today. We usually do well against edge rushers but Von Miller is a freak of nature and no one has been able to block him one on one over the course of a full game. DeMarcus Ware can still get to the QB and let's not forget about Shane Ray. Point being I don't know how much Armstead will be able to contribute with his shaky status but I sure hope Sean Payton spends more time than ever coming up with a plan to block those guys by giving help to whomever needs it.

The game plan for their pass rush, at least IMO, will be the same as the Raiders. Chip the edges consistently and let Drew go to work on their secondary. They'll be down their best CB as well as inside pass rusher Derek Wolfe. Run game should be okay too as that appears to be a chink in the armor for them. Feeling a 10 point victory is upon us.

Quick passing game and run the ball.

They can't cover 1 on 1 right now with their injuries. Thomas should be able to eat them up with slants and hitches. Snead may have a big game as well if they try to overcompensate.

Quick passing game and run the ball.

They can't cover 1 on 1 right now with their injuries. Thomas should be able to eat them up with slants and hitches. Snead may have a big game as well if they try to overcompensate.

Yep. Also take care of ball of couse, and continue to limit penalties. The O has done a really nice job limiting penalties. Thats kept down n distance much more manageable, which I think is a big reason why our 3rd down efficiency has been so good!

Denver is 29th in the League in Rushing Yards per game allowed at 128.6 yards per game. That is the answer!

Tire out that defense. We are currently 4 in the NFL in Time of Possession and number 1 in first downs. Last week the Raiders held the ball for 41 minutes vs. Denver. We did the same thing vs. the 9rs at 38 minutes. If we execute our offense like we've been doing then I think we've got a chance.

Ware is still out right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

No. He's been back a few weeks.

They did lose their starting DE though and he won't play this week. Talib is out. Harris is out.

No. He's been back a few weeks.

They did lose their starting DE though and he won't play this week. Talib is out. Harris is out.
Are you sure about Harris being out?

John Phillips is supposed to be a blocking TE, there could be some help there

You simply employ the exact same game plan as Vs Seattle.

Derek Wolfe most likely being out really allows us to run the ball and be really well balanced run and pass.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom