Prototypical slot receivers Edelman vs Sanders (1 Viewer)

We've tried the scatter shot method of finding a compliment for MT. Up until now we haven't spent much capital during the search. UDFA's and low tier vets. None have worked out. TQS has showed promise at times but has been limited by injuries in his 2 years with us. Signing Sanders is anything but a shot in the dark. He is literally the ideal WR with the ideal skill set to complete our offense. The ONLY question with him is his age. So far there have been zero signs of him slowing down or regressing. If he has 2 years of high quality play left in him, New Orleans' offense is about to jump a level.
You're right, his age is a concern, but to me the most exciting thing about this is being able to open up the playbook a little and perhaps dust off those old, sexy Lance Moore plays that we haven't seen in so long.

Tbh, it moved when I saw that we signed him.

Keep hearing Snead comparisons I don't think Manny is that similar to Snead, I would compare him to a more explosive, more physical Lance Moore.

Sanders is much quicker, with more wiggle than Snead had. He also has much more Outside versatility. Sanders can legitimately be your Z (Flanker) and run those type of the routes effectively when he's not in the Slot, which is perfect because it allows Michael Thomas to continue to rotate into the Slot for certain match-ups.

Edelman is a slot receiver. Sanders can play every WR position. He played in the slot in PIT but he primarily played outside on the Broncos. The Saints now have two WRs that can fill all three WR spots.

If the Saints get an upgrade at flanker through the draft...I could see Sanders playing primarily in the slot or alternating with CGM. If the Saints get a guy like Justin Jefferson in the draft...he'll play flanker.

that’s why I’m hoping we get Jefferson I don’t care about what the Scouting reports say as him being a slot but can’t play outside .

he played there before this season

I paid a lot of attention to Sanders last season because of all the trade speculation, and then eventually his trade to the 49ers. One thing that stood out to me, was how he played the game. He plays hard and strong, kinda like MT. I am going to love watching them both on the same side of the field. DBs gonna cry

Keep hearing Snead comparisons I don't think Manny is that similar to Snead, I would compare him to a more explosive, more physical Lance Moore.

Sanders is much quicker, with more wiggle than Snead had. He also has much more Outside versatility. Sanders can legitimately be your Z (Flanker) and run those type of the routes effectively when he's not in the Slot, which is perfect because it allows Michael Thomas to continue to rotate into the Slot for certain match-ups.
I don't think it is more of the Snead comparison, but the Sean's system comparison. Sanders fills the role of Lance/Snead role. The Saints haven't had a good slot WR since Snead. Snead was the 3rd down man in those days.They have been trying to replace him ever since he left. True Thomas plays the slot but someone who does it all the time. Colston played a ton of slot as well but during those time WR. What I have always noticed about our offense is the type of players for position. Thomas is the Colston role but better. Sanders will be the Moore/Snead. Cook is the Shockey/Graham. Kamara is the Bush/ Sporles. Now we need the field stretcher in the Henderson/Mecham role.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom