Proud to be an American -- Congratulations to Senator Obama (1 Viewer)

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
For all our problems in our history, we are the first of the industrialized western world to make history.

take a bow USA. hell yeah

I sure am proud that an African American has been nominated by one of our county's major parties to be the President of the US. Very historic. This country sure has come a long way for the better. Go McCain though.

Yeah it took a while but we have made history tonight gentlemen. You can be either a Democrat or a Republican but to get a minority candidate on a major ticket for President of this country is really good for the future of our country. Their may be problems right now and God only knows we have had a lot of them now, today we set a precedent.

Good luck to Obama and John Mccain in the upcoming race for President in 2008

:nono:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GGuhZvO1DKg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GGuhZvO1DKg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

We stepped into the vacuum of the sun which never set on the British Umpire.

:9:

Congratulations to Senator Obama

Setting politics aside for moment, appreciate what we are witnessing.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- In what he called a "defining moment for our nation," Sen. Barack Obama on Tuesday became the first African-American to head the ticket of a major political party.

Obama's steady stream of superdelegate endorsements, combined with the delegates he received from Tuesday's primaries, put him past the 2,118 threshold, CNN projects.

"Tonight we mark the end of one historic journey with the beginning of another -- a journey that will bring a new and better day to America," he said.

"Tonight, I can stand before you and say that I will be the Democratic nominee for president of the United States."

Obama's rally was at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota -- the same arena which will house the 2008 Republican National Convention in September.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/03/election.democrats/index.html

Attachments

• t1wide.obama.02.ap.jpg
    t1wide.obama.02.ap.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 2
A very historic moment for our Country. It made me proud to be an Amercian.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that this election is indeed, historic.

Historians are going to have a field day with the events which led up to the election as well as the general election itself.

It's going to be a fascinating few months.

No denying the history of the moment.

No matter what party (or candidate) you are backing, it's pretty cool to be witnessing a barrier being broken! :9:

Amazing how far this country has come in the last 30 years! Another example of why this is the best country in the world. Who dat, US of A!

And not intending to overlook the historic nature of Senator Clinton's run -- I think that deserves its own thread as well but I'll leave the satisfaction of starting that one to somebody else. And, hopefully, the political debate can continue on the other thread from today.

It is indeed a wonderful moment for us all. I just wish that he had a more established track record. Kinda scary.

I never thought I would see a black nominee of a major party. I thought I might see a woman, but never a non-white. Pretty unreal.
And this dude has something. He works his butt off and goes around this country and he just may win this thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom