ps - Mr. Future HOF'r Dez Bryant? (1 Viewer)

He's coming off exceptional games the last few weeks against the Giants twice and against Green Bay and Jacksonville so I don't how you can have the nerve to blame it on preseason when he doesn't produce and the regular season is almost over. Jabari Greer is one of the best CB's in the league in case you didn't notice so just admit he was shut down

Jabari Greer is one of the better CBs in the league. Definitely top 10. Top 5 maybe (I'd have to sit down and really think about it). He was shutdown today, but today his role was distracting your number 1 corner. He'll get better. You guys know he will. And eventually, it won't matter who a team sticks on him. Just my opinion.

Welcome to the new "Dez Bryant" math in Dallas.

Not only does 8-8=0, but 8+8=0, 8x8=0, and 8/8=0.

Class dismissed by Professor Greer.

stopping a rookie with no pre-season? Congrats. Although he did open up a ton of catches for the other guys.

Don't worry, you'll be seeing plenty of his highlights in years to come. :ezbill:

Give me a break. Before the game you and others were saying how amazing he is.

What a whiny little turd he his.

He's a competitor. Kitna was missing that the scheme by GW (a good one might I add), and there were plenty of opportunities when Bryant had the advantage over the defense, but Kitna wasn't looking his way.

Whiny? You'd have to be on the field to know that. Based on his character this entire season, he's just competitive.

What a whiny little turd he his.

I like how he whined about not getting the ball late and then they sent him in and threw to him and it lead to us getting the ball back.

Give me a break. Before the game you and others were saying how amazing he is.

I'd challenge you to find that but I'd rather not. He is. Oh well, I'll stop being sour about this because I know what kind of player he is and what we have in him.

Greer played well today as he does most weeks.

Jabari Greer is one of the better CBs in the league. Definitely top 10. Top 5 maybe (I'd have to sit down and really think about it). He was shutdown today, but today his role was distracting your number 1 corner. He'll get better. You guys know he will. And eventually, it won't matter who a team sticks on him. Just my opinion.

I already know for a fact he'll become a top 5 receiver eventually, but you're sounding like a soar loser to blame his mistakes on preseason when it's game 11 of the regular season and he's already had his share of big games in just his rookie season so it's ridiculous to make those type of excuses.

I already know for a fact he'll become a top 5 receiver eventually, but you're sounding like a soar loser to blame his mistakes on preseason when it's game 11 of the regular season and he's already had his share of big games in just his rookie season so it's ridiculous to make those type of excuses.

No not a sore loser. I'm proud of our guys today. The saints are a heck of a team and after falling behind, our guys didn't give up. Mostly I'm just tired of the talk around here attempting to discredit Bryant. (it's been going on since the draft, don't deny it). Of course the easiest way to avoid said discussion is to not venture into this message board which would be welcomed by most of you. However, it's admittedly hard for me to ignore threads like these when trying to give praise to your team for a win.

No not a sore loser. I'm proud of our guys today. The saints are a heck of a team and after falling behind, our guys didn't give up. Mostly I'm just tired of the talk around here attempting to discredit Bryant. (it's been going on since the draft, don't deny it). Of course the easiest way to avoid said discussion is to not venture into this message board which would be welcomed by most of you. However, it's admittedly hard for me to ignore threads like these when trying to give praise to your team for a win.

I haven't been the one dogging Bryant on here because I honestly was hoping he'd fall to us at 32 this past draft so I know you aren't referring to me. But trying to blame his mistakes on preseason isn't making this thread any better

I think the OP started the thread because another poster on here was making such a big deal about how our secondary was going to have trouble stopping Bryant as if he was saying Bryant was gonna catch all over Greer or forgetting we have two other corners in Porter and P-Rob that have potential to be just as great as Greer in a few more years. Dez Bryant never faced a decent corner, at least as talented as Greer, since he became the no. 1 receiver when Kitna took over as QB a month ago so I think some people on here were in over their heads about facing Bryant prior to this game.

When you require several team mates to dry your eyes and change your diaper during a game, you do not deserve to be on my team. His team was doing just fine against the Saints WITHOUT him catching a pass. Instead of being happy that they were competing with the high powered Saints, he was on the sideline crying like a spoiled child.

I haven't been the one dogging Bryant on here because I honestly was hoping he'd fall to us at 32 this past draft so I know you aren't referring to me. But trying to blame his mistakes on preseason isn't making this thread any better

I think the OP started the thread because another poster on here was making such a big deal about how our secondary was going to have trouble stopping Bryant as if he was saying Bryant was gonna catch all over Greer or forgetting we have two other corners in Porter and P-Rob that have potential to be just as great as Greer in a few more years. Dez Bryant never faced a decent corner, at least as talented as Greer, since he became the no. 1 receiver when Kitna took over as QB a month ago so I think some people on here were in over their heads about facing Bryant prior to this game.

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to make an excuse, but rather keep things in perspective. You and I both know that Greer is a heck of a CB, and his performance against a rookie that doesn't have a complete grasp on the offense is nothing to start chest thumping over-- it should be expected. He's the number 1 threat, but not the number 1 receiver (as you saw him coming on and off the field). His playbook is still limited.

Didn't see the thread you're referring to, never accused you of dogging Bryant or anyone in particular.

Edit: also it's kind of debatable about facing a talented. Corey Webster is a heck of a CB for the Giants. I don't think he's had as many successful years as a CB, but I believe in as recent as 08 he as the top CB in the league (when you look at opposing QB ratings, and how he shut down so many top WRs in that 10 or so game stretch of .500+ teams). I'd take Greer over him, but some might disagree.

Awesome game for him . He had more air time than Obama. Brilliant! The best 0 catches in a game of all time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom