PS1 and PS2 games pricing - Amazon (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is more of a random type thought.

I have a decent collection of PS1 and PS2 games that collect dust. I was looking on Amazon's site to see what some of them would trade in for. No big surprise, but the PS1 games have a higher trade in value, due to age. Most of my games would fetch 2-4 bucks. But, two games I know I have (and in good condition) had much higher trade in values than expected.

Ogre Battle - 16.50
Suikoden II - 30.00!!!!

Then I looked and if you want to buy a New copy of Suikoden it will run for $400. And a used one is running for around $140!

it amazes me how the value can change so much. I bet I even have some old SNES games at my parents house hiding in a closet. lol.

I'm never going to play Ogre Battle or Suikoden II again. So, do I just do the easy trade in with Amazon and get the 46.50 or try my luck at selling them for more?

Is it easier to do it via amazon or e-bay? I've never sold anything on e-bay before.

Anyone ever sell off anything from their collection?

People get into this fever of thinking that they have an attic full of old games that are worth a small fortune. The problem here is that not that many copies of games like Ogre Battle and such ever really hit the market. That's what makes them so valuable. That copy of Superman64 tucked away? Not so much. I use to love when I worked at a GameTrader back in the day and people use to throw a fit because their precious NES collection only got them about $10 total. They didn't seem to understand that we had about 3000 copies of Super Mario Bros. Yes its a classic. We also sell it for 50 cents.

However, with that said, if you DO have some of those rarer games (with the case and manual) and wish to make a few dollars, I'd go the sell them yourself route versus ever trading them in. Trading games in is the same thing as pawning them, very little cash when compared to what it would normally sell for.

People get into this fever of thinking that they have an attic full of old games that are worth a small fortune. The problem here is that not that many copies of games like Ogre Battle and such ever really hit the market. That's what makes them so valuable. That copy of Superman64 tucked away? Not so much. I use to love when I worked at a GameTrader back in the day and people use to throw a fit because their precious NES collection only got them about $10 total. They didn't seem to understand that we had about 3000 copies of Super Mario Bros. Yes its a classic. We also sell it for 50 cents.

However, with that said, if you DO have some of those rarer games (with the case and manual) and wish to make a few dollars, I'd go the sell them yourself route versus ever trading them in. Trading games in is the same thing as pawning them, very little cash when compared to what it would normally sell for.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I know most of my games aren't worth anything, because they were popular and sold well, so like you said, there are a ton floating around. That's why I was looking all of them up to see if I had any gems. Looks like I might have two at the least.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I know most of my games aren't worth anything, because they were popular and sold well, so like you said, there are a ton floating around. That's why I was looking all of them up to see if I had any gems. Looks like I might have two at the least.

Oh for sure, look them all up. Some of the more popular ones that sold well still can get you some cash overall, but you'll still need to sell them yourself. Which is the real pain.

Oh for sure, look them all up. Some of the more popular ones that sold well still can get you some cash overall, but you'll still need to sell them yourself. Which is the real pain.

If it's only going to get me 1-5 bucks, I'm just keeping it.

Amazon.com: Suikoden II: Video Games

But something like that, which is going for 140-250 used.. well, that's different.

Suikoden is one of the most underrated RPG series and I own every one. II is masterpiece. I still go back and play that whole series from time to time.

My Suikoden II is scratched up a decent amount, I think you should just mail me yours.

Thanks!

Suikoden is one of the most underrated RPG series and I own every one. II is masterpiece. I still go back and play that whole series from time to time.

My Suikoden II is scratched up a decent amount, I think you should just mail me yours.

Thanks!

I'd gladly do that. For a fee, of course.

Just sold my GameCube version of Skies of Arcadia (best rpg ever imho)for 55 dollars....old games have skyrocketed in value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom