PS3 starts 2008 on a good note (1 Viewer)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like the PS3 is gaining a little ground on Xbox and Nintendo. As you can see from the figures below PS3 out sold Xbox and came close to the Wii in Jan. 08. I know some people will say that this is partially due to Blu-ray winning but at least Sony is moving up.

LINK

Video game hardware overview:
1. Nintendo Wii — 274,000
2. PlayStation 3 — 269,000
3. PlayStation 2 — 264,000
4. Nintendo DS — 251,000
5. Xbox 360 — 230,000
6. PlayStation Portable — 230,000

Video game software overview top 10:
1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360) — 330,900
2. Wii Play w/ Remote (Wii) — 298,100
3. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Wii) — 239,600
4. Rock Band (Xbox 360) — 183,800
5. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Xbox 360) — 182,700
6. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) — 172,000
7. Burnout Paradise (Xbox 360) — 144,100
8. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PlayStation 3) — 140,000
9. Mario Party DS (Nintendo DS) — 138,500
10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo DS) — 133,000

Okay, if I'm looking at this right.

Nintendo's gaming products sold 525,000.
Sony's gaming products sold: 763,000.

and Microsoft's gaming products sold: 230,000.

That looks like MS is getting their butts kicked. I thought they were selling more than everyone else or about the same. Had no idea the numbers looked like this.

I'm not a gamer, just looking at numbers sold from the post.

Of course, it's not an equal comparison, because MS doesn't produce a handheld device.

With the death of HD DVD you'll naturally see a bump in PS3 sales as it is the best option for bluRay player buyers.

Okay, if I'm looking at this right.

Nintendo's gaming products sold 525,000.
Sony's gaming products sold: 763,000.

and Microsoft's gaming products sold: 230,000.

That looks like MS is getting their butts kicked. I thought they were selling more than everyone else or about the same. Had no idea the numbers looked like this.

I'm not a gamer, just looking at numbers sold from the post.

Just don't hurt yourself counting 360 games sold, meaning to me more 360's are in households across the country, bad or not.... more. Just don't hurt yourself counting (all i'm sayin) by the way, according to these number it isn't close.

meaning 360 has sold more burnout, than PS3 has sold COD4, and COD4 is 360's best game... just sayin.

Everybody has their 360 already. They've sold many millions more to date than Sony has sold PS3's.

So, it only makes sense that PS3 sales are starting to catch up - there are more people without them.

The key, as Super Quincy stated, is to look at software sales.

Everybody has their 360 already. They've sold many millions more to date than Sony has sold PS3's.

So, it only makes sense that PS3 sales are starting to catch up - there are more people without them.

The key, as Super Quincy stated, is to look at software sales.

I dont think that the 360 has even come close to market saturation. Look at the ps2 it has sold millions more then the 360 and it still has strong sales.

I dont think that the 360 has even come close to market saturation. Look at the ps2 it has sold millions more then the 360 and it still has strong sales.

Yeah, market saturation like what the PS2 has will only be achieved with price decreases on all of the consoles.

One other reason the PS2 is still selling briskly is that 7 years later most of the first gen machines aren't still in operation. They've had three different builds for the ps2...the original, slim and now the silver one that's out. If you're a tech geek (like me) you'll end up buying every SKU just to say you have it. It's the reason I have a 360, a 360 Elite, a Wii, and a PS3.

I like to have......stuff....you know?:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom