ps4 hardware issue (1 Viewer)

HburgSaints

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
hey guys, so I've recently started experiencing "lag" issues when playing my ps4. It began when playing monster hunter world and has continued while playing Destiny 2. There is a lot of stuttering and even second long hard freezes during graphically intensive gameplay. I have a service plan from Best Buy for it but I know those service plans can take weeks to resolve the hardware issue and I would not like to be without my system for that long. Before I bring it in, I was wondering if anyone has had issues similar to mine? Does this sound like a hard drive, gpu, or graphics card issue? I did try the rebuild data base feature in safe mode to see if that helped anything and it did not. Any help or troubleshooting tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Could be online gaming lag due to overburdened network. A full hard disk can cause issues as well. Some form of heat dispersion breakdown, such as fan failure or separation of heat-sink compound to the CPU? This is more broad, computer-based advice that can cause this but they should apply to the PS4 as well. Hard to say. Wish I could be of more help. Good luck.

Last edited:
I haven’t had anything like that but both of those games are online games. You sure it’s not lag in your internet?

I haven’t had anything like that but both of those games are online games. You sure it’s not lag in your internet?

I’m almost positive it’s not my internet. I’m hardwired into to my modem, and the issues I’m having are happening more frequently. Even things like breaking down equipment in game have become choppy.

i don't know how Best Buy's service plan works...i have always gone through Sony for repairs...they have a pretty good turnaround....

how old is the ps4??

Could be online gaming lag due to overburdened network. A full hard disk can cause issues as well. Some form of heat dispersion breakdown, such as fan failure or separation of heat-sink compound to the CPU? This is more broad, computer-based advice that can cause this but they should apply to the PS4 as well. Hard to say. Wish I could be of more help. Good luck.

Obviously it's none of those things.

It's rare that performance would "degrade" as opposed to just breaking altogether. I'd check and see how full your hard drive is. It could also be a heating/cooling issue - try blowing the dust out of your PS4. Do you get any lag with offline games? If it's under a contract with BB, I'd just wipe it and bring it back.

the cover of the ps4 actually comes off pretty easily for the purposes of cleaning the fan...

i think it just shows that even when WDF is right he is wrong

Check an offline game.

I'd still check your internet connection and speed. Lot of routers have had vulnerabilities exploited recently (ish.. kinda within the last year) and many have firmware updates. I had to update mine, as I noticed some weird stuttering in my overall online speed, but not so much with the PS4.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom