PS4. Should I get it? (1 Viewer)

Suavecito8

Hispanic causing panic
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I want it but not sure I want to drop that kind of change on a game. I have seen the reviews and they are good. What does everyone think so far?

I'm enjoying mine. So far I haven't had any issues with it. The UI is very fast and easy to navigate. The controller feels great. The only thing with any launch console is there aren't a whole lot of games for them in the beginning.

Once March rolls around there will be a bunch more games to play. If you aren't in a rush you could hold out until then, but some of the games aren't bad that are out right now if you're itching to get it.

If it doesnt support media formats besides mp4 I will wait awhile. No point in spending 300 bucks for a system with no games. I need a media center as well as a gaming console and my PS3 does more for less.

If it doesnt support media formats besides mp4 I will wait awhile. No point in spending 300 bucks for a system with no games. I need a media center as well as a gaming console and my PS3 does more for less.

Wait...the PS4 has no GAMEZ?

I got the xbone and will eventually get the ps4.

If you're not a big gamer then I would hold off on getting either system. The 360/PS3 still have some great games that are pretty much on par with the new systems. That will change in the coming months, though. By waiting you may get a price drop and better reliability of the actual system.

If you like having the latest and greatest then I say go for it. NBA 2K14 is an incredible game if you like the My Career type modes. AC4 is very similar to the 360/PS3 version but a little prettier. There's always Madden and some shooters. I can't speak to the PS4 shooter but others can weigh in.

Thanks fellas. I will hold off for now and hopefully a price drop happens.

I got the xbone and will eventually get the ps4.

If you're not a big gamer then I would hold off on getting either system. The 360/PS3 still have some great games that are pretty much on par with the new systems. That will change in the coming months, though. By waiting you may get a price drop and better reliability of the actual system.

If you like having the latest and greatest then I say go for it. NBA 2K14 is an incredible game if you like the My Career type modes. AC4 is very similar to the 360/PS3 version but a little prettier. There's always Madden and some shooters. I can't speak to the PS4 shooter but others can weigh in.

I'm waiting for a price drop myself. If I can find a next gen for $300 or thereabouts, I might consider doing so. We've got a decent library of games for the 360 and I really am content with that for the time being.

Had the Bone been backwards compatible, I'd have it already. I'd like to be able to continue using the 360 games on the Bone and never understood why they didn't make the effort to make that work. I can't see what would make that so hard to do.

Had the Bone been backwards compatible, I'd have it already. I'd like to be able to continue using the 360 games on the Bone and never understood why they didn't make the effort to make that work. I can't see what would make that so hard to do.

nobody said you have to get rid of your 360 if you buy a Bone

and i don't think it's as easy as you might think to make the new consoles backwards compatible...they are completely different systems on the inside

Listen to antipop, he knows these kind of things.

nobody said you have to get rid of your 360 if you buy a Bone

and i don't think it's as easy as you might think to make the new consoles backwards compatible...they are completely different systems on the inside

Right, I don't have room for both in my living room. It's one or the other.

I get the systems being different, but with the available tech, I would think they could include something capable of running the 360 games in the same console. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for that kind of feature. I mean' it's a bad example, but the Wii is capable of playing Gamecube games, which we actually still play from time to time. :covri:

Right, I don't have room for both in my living room. It's one or the other.

I get the systems being different, but with the available tech, I would think they could include something capable of running the 360 games in the same console. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for that kind of feature. I mean' it's a bad example, but the Wii is capable of playing Gamecube games, which we actually still play from time to time. :covri:

It's not trivial to add backward compatibility to a system. You almost have to put all the tech of the previous system into the old system (save things like the drive and laser, and you can virtualize a few things). They all have to be smaller and more efficient. It's not cheap (which is why playstation removed BC from the PS3).

A little more isn't going to cover it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom