PS4 vs. XBone (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Since the PS4 Pro has been out a while.. anyone who got it and was using a regular PS4 before, what's the verdict?

Optimus Walken

"Mr. RNG"
Reaction score
Reasons to get it: 1) If you wanna play Xbox in 4k with HDR. 2) If you don't care about 4k but you'd like your 1080p games to still look even better. 3) If you want faster load times and smoother framerates and all around better performance for all games. 4) If you want newer hardware that's significantly beefier and with a good bit more going for it in the long haul.

Twenty

Eternal
Reaction score
Yeah, I can afford the One X so I'm gonna get it. If you can't afford it, that's one thing. I can't afford every new graphics card that comes out on PC (even though I'd like to). But to act like the jump from 720p/1080p to native 4k HDR is not a big deal is dumb.

antipop

Get egg hunts
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really only bought the PS4 pro for the bigger HDD...and because I am a Sony fanboy

I guess I could mess around with my tv settings to optimize the picture but I simply dngaf

as for the Bonex, I already have a Bone in my house that never gets used....no sense in getting a fancier one

BlueRaspberry

BlueRaspberry
Reaction score
But to act like the jump from 720p/1080p to native 4k HDR is not a big deal is dumb.
Is 4K even noticeable if you're not up close to a big TV?

Honestly, if you were shown the Forza trailer in 1080 non HDR, but you were told it was 4K HDR, would you know you were being told a lie?

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not that significant if I don't have a 4k TV... which I am not buying until they are in the ~800 dollar range.. in the mean time that money can go into my house and savings as growing assets instead of a lump of shinny depreciating on my shelf.

I didn't move up from 720 to 1080 until the TVs were in the ~600 dollar range.

Then again I bought the Pro, which I wouldn't have been able to sell my PS4 for as much if I hadn't made the move at that time.

So by all means sell the One and get the X.

Twenty

Eternal
Reaction score
Not that significant if I don't have a 4k TV... which I am not buying until they are in the ~800 dollar range.. in the mean time that money can go into my house and savings as growing assets instead of a lump of shinny depreciating on my shelf.

I didn't move up from 720 to 1080 until the TVs were in the ~600 dollar range.

Then again I bought the Pro, which I wouldn't have been able to sell my PS4 for as much if I hadn't made the move at that time.

So by all means sell the One and get the X.
Lol K.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Since the PS4 Pro has been out a while.. anyone who got it and was using a regular PS4 before, what's the verdict?
Load times are faster and the bigger hard drive is nice.

The thing is, if you're already on a 4k TV, it is probably upscaling for you already, so unless you have a fairly crappy 4k TV, there isn't going to be much difference. The HDR is nice, but it's a fairly minor difference.

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bruh.... I was doing good not spending money on my home...

The Curved aspect... is that why this is so cheap?

Ok maybe not...
Click X...
Pretend this doesn't exist...
Keep money.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-55-class-54-6-diag--led-2160p-with-chromecast-built-in-4k-ultra-hd-home-theater-display-with-hdr-black/4989100.p?skuId=4989100

hmm.. don't need "Smart" tv, even 100 dollars cheaper. I'll see if cheaper around the holidays.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Bruh.... I was doing good not spending money on my home...

The Curved aspect... is that why this is so cheap?
Actually I just picked one that was $800. You can probably do better than that.

I got a similar model (curved, 55") at Costco for 650 or 700. You can do better if you shop it.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Load times are faster and the bigger hard drive is nice.

The thing is, if you're already on a 4k TV, it is probably upscaling for you already, so unless you have a fairly crappy 4k TV, there isn't going to be much difference. The HDR is nice, but it's a fairly minor difference.
I still have a 1080p plasma. No 4k for me yet. I'm not buying a new TV until 1, this one dies, or 2 I buy a house.

I was under the impression that HRD was the bigger deal in image quality, unless you got north of 65-80in screens.

I would like a bigger HDD though and better load times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom