PS4 vs. XBone (1 Viewer)

Project Scorpio is looking pretty impressive according to Digital Foundry

MS just needs to get some more solid exclusive software. I really hope Crackdown 3 is a return to form and takes full advantage of the new hardware. I have high hopes for that title.

MS just needs to get some more solid exclusive software. I really hope Crackdown 3 is a return to form and takes full advantage of the new hardware. I have high hopes for that title.

Agreed. MS really has nothing exclusive that I find that great anymore. I'm hoping that changes very soon.

This is really what it comes down to. You've got the top tech sites already saying that the processing power doesn't matter since they have no games to sell and no customer base on the level of Sony. Content really does matter. I pretty much bought a Nintendo Switch just to play the definitive version of Zelda when I already had a Wii U and could have played it on there. Sony has a set of exclusives any one of which any gamer ought to buy the system for, let alone the bunch of them considered together.

I'm interested to see where this goes. If it's the same as the PS4 Pro in that all developers will have to make their games work on both the original XB1 and the new Scorpio, I'm not sure it's going to help them much. It's basically a nod to people who have adopted 4k a bit early. But the customer base isn't there yet. And by the time it is, we'll be onto the next generation altogether.

This is really what it comes down to. You've got the top tech sites already saying that the processing power doesn't matter since they have no games to sell and no customer base on the level of Sony. Content really does matter. I pretty much bought a Nintendo Switch just to play the definitive version of Zelda when I already had a Wii U and could have played it on there. Sony has a set of exclusives any one of which any gamer ought to buy the system for, let alone the bunch of them considered together.

I'm interested to see where this goes. If it's the same as the PS4 Pro in that all developers will have to make their games work on both the original XB1 and the new Scorpio, I'm not sure it's going to help them much. It's basically a nod to people who have adopted 4k a bit early. But the customer base isn't there yet. And by the time it is, we'll be onto the next generation altogether.
I really don't get the no games and no customer base thing. There's plenty of games on xbox and plenty of people playing on it.

Also it took them 2 days to port Forza to Scorpio and it was running a solid 4K/60FPS using a little over 60% GPU. And that's not even optimized. I believe Phil also said most games will run 4K natively.

And even for those that are still playing on 1080p sets.. games will still look and run better. I'm by no means a tech guru but from what I've read they've over delivered on all their promises.

It sounds impressive, but I'm wondering if it will offer anything particularly tangible to gamers who don't have 4K tvs, or if it basically exists to upscale games.

I really don't get the no games and no customer base thing. There's plenty of games on xbox and plenty of people playing on it.

Also it took them 2 days to port Forza to Scorpio and it was running a solid 4K/60FPS using a little over 60% GPU. And that's not even optimized. I believe Phil also said most games will run 4K natively.

And even for those that are still playing on 1080p sets.. games will still look and run better. I'm by no means a tech guru but from what I've read they've over delivered on all their promises.

They have games, just no real killer exclusives so far. I have both the PS4 (pro) and Xbox 1. Halo 5 was not that great, I was burned out on Gears after 2 and haven't play 4 yet, and Halo Wars just doesn't appeal to me. Unlike with the 360 where they really killed it early on, this cycle hasn't been as strong for them. I do really like the BC for 360 games though. That's a major +. I can replay the Orange Box infinitely.

They have games, just no real killer exclusives so far. I have both the PS4 (pro) and Xbox 1. Halo 5 was not that great, I was burned out on Gears after 2 and haven't play 4 yet, and Halo Wars just doesn't appeal to me. Unlike with the 360 where they really killed it early on, this cycle hasn't been as strong for them. I do really like the BC for 360 games though. That's a major +. I can replay the Orange Box infinitely.
On the flipside, Horizon is the only PS exclusive worth playing so far. And even thats just a sci fi Tomb Raider.

I'll be looking for a UHD blu-ray player late in the year so I may as well get the Scorpio. Not to mention, Forza 7 alone.

OLED with a Fanatec setup. I may never leave home :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom