PS4 vs. XBone (1 Viewer)

antipop

Get egg hunts
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, i don't like it being removed just from reading the thread...

i kind of use the feed to simplify navigation...i'm pretty lazy that way

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
MEH.. just click the one link to the full list of subscribed threads. Or just bookmark that link instead of the UserCP. I like the new way better, no more seeing a thread thinking something new was posted when it wasn't.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
what in the **** are y’all babbling about?

is Red Dead Redemption 2: The Return of Uproar’s Dead Horse, out yet?

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
Hope not to incite WW3 here, but can anybody tell me why I can get a used Xbox One for like $160 and the cheapest PS4 I can find is $250?

I was all set to go buy a PS4 but if they're pretty close to the same thing in terms of actual game performance then the Xb one is awfully tempting as a game-only machine while the old PS3 continues as the media hub in the family room.

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hope not to incite WW3 here, but can anybody tell me why I can get a used Xbox One for like $160 and the cheapest PS4 I can find is $250?
Well Supply and Demand might spark up an interesting conversation about physical media vs digital media but it shouldn't spark up WW3.

Less people want the Xbox, and if all you are worried about is gaming and none of the exclusives that Sony has put out/lined up then saving money can certainly be a deciding factor.

RetroMcBananaFace

Reaction score
Yeah....the thing is I'm not really a "gamer". I just really like the PS4's hardware and I've always been a PS guy.

but I pretty much only really play Madden and the Forza series so maybe the Xb one is a better choice.

sigh. decisions.

RetroMcBananaFace

Reaction score
and I guess the other question would be, have folks cracked the codes on either console for game save modding and such, the way that Horizon/Bruteforce and all the various editing programs did for the last gen consoles.

ClayT101

Tee Retriever
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My last machine was a Nintendo 64. I got a playstation 4 2 years ago and I love it. I only play star wars battlefront and Wipeout. I played mortal kombat as well when I first got the machine.

RetroMcBananaFace

Reaction score
I still have my N64 too. Actually, considering my earlier statement that I'm not really a gamer, I have an awful lot of consoles. NES, N64, Genesis, Gamecube, Dreamcast, original Xbox, 360, PS3. Can't seem to part with any of them for some reason. I guess nostalgia.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I gather then, you're saying that it's really no contest and the PS4 is the better choice if price is no object?

Or just that I'm woefully behind the times?

TELL ME WHAT TO DO GOSH DAMNIT
It was a joke that gamers buy PCs not consoles.

Just save up $20,000 for a lit rig. I'm kidding.

I don't think you're really going to regret anything unless you just want to regret. If you get the PS4 you'll be happy you've got access to the Naughty Dog games and other exclusives and will tell yourself you're glad you did it. If you get the Bone you'll tell yourself you're happy you didn't spend more and you were never going to invest the time in those particular games anyway. You could of course mope that it wasn't worth access to those games and you wish you had $100 or mope that you really wish you could play those games.

If you really don't know flip a coin. If you want to flip again and make it 2 out of 3 you know which choice you really want to make. If you're happy with the flip you either don't care or that's the one you really wanted all along.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom