PS4 vs. XBone (2 Viewers)

i think i might be having the same issue...the threads in my subscribed feed disappear when i post in them :shrug:

thats weird.. this thread showed up earlier this morning but now it isn't showing up on the usercp. Even with two seperate replies. Maybe it like an "unread" email now... once you read it it doesn't show up for until a new post is made?

I did a little test... with the 30 threads that have been showing on my Usercp since the update.. it does appear to be working like unread emails now instead of showing all the recently updated threads, it shows all the threads you are subscribed to that have changed since the last time you read it. Those threads stay there until you go read the thread. Before it showed the handful with recent postings since the last time you visted, then after about an hour the usercp cleared the listing of "new messages".

So now if you want to clear your usercp of messages you need to go open them and it will mark them as read and they will stay on your page until you do go read them. Posting in the thread means you read it already. Although i am not always interested in seeing every new posting in a thread, I think this change is fine now that I no longer have 30 posts showing up on my userCP.

that sounds borked to me....

i thought the purpose of the subscribed threads section was to show that there was activity in the thread...

i mean, i know when i post in a thread, so i am not sure how removing it from the list does anything to help me

But it does do that.. it just removes the thread from the new activity section as in its no longer marked as new. Its still in your subscribed threads. So instead of the same 5 threads showing up in the new activity section for an hour with no new activity, they only show up when there is new activity after you have read the thread.

yeah, i don't like it being removed just from reading the thread...

i kind of use the feed to simplify navigation...i'm pretty lazy that way

MEH.. just click the one link to the full list of subscribed threads. Or just bookmark that link instead of the UserCP. I like the new way better, no more seeing a thread thinking something new was posted when it wasn't.

what in the **** are y’all babbling about?

is Red Dead Redemption 2: The Return of Uproar’s Dead Horse, out yet?

Hope not to incite WW3 here, but can anybody tell me why I can get a used Xbox One for like $160 and the cheapest PS4 I can find is $250?

I was all set to go buy a PS4 but if they're pretty close to the same thing in terms of actual game performance then the Xb one is awfully tempting as a game-only machine while the old PS3 continues as the media hub in the family room.

Hope not to incite WW3 here, but can anybody tell me why I can get a used Xbox One for like $160 and the cheapest PS4 I can find is $250?

Well Supply and Demand might spark up an interesting conversation about physical media vs digital media but it shouldn't spark up WW3.

Less people want the Xbox, and if all you are worried about is gaming and none of the exclusives that Sony has put out/lined up then saving money can certainly be a deciding factor.

Yeah....the thing is I'm not really a "gamer". I just really like the PS4's hardware and I've always been a PS guy.

but I pretty much only really play Madden and the Forza series so maybe the Xb one is a better choice.

sigh. decisions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom