PS4 vs. XBone (2 Viewers)

and I guess the other question would be, have folks cracked the codes on either console for game save modding and such, the way that Horizon/Bruteforce and all the various editing programs did for the last gen consoles.

My last machine was a Nintendo 64. I got a playstation 4 2 years ago and I love it. I only play star wars battlefront and Wipeout. I played mortal kombat as well when I first got the machine.

I still have my N64 too. Actually, considering my earlier statement that I'm not really a gamer, I have an awful lot of consoles. NES, N64, Genesis, Gamecube, Dreamcast, original Xbox, 360, PS3. Can't seem to part with any of them for some reason. I guess nostalgia.

So I gather then, you're saying that it's really no contest and the PS4 is the better choice if price is no object?

Or just that I'm woefully behind the times?

TELL ME WHAT TO DO GOSH DAMNIT
It was a joke that gamers buy PCs not consoles.

Just save up $20,000 for a lit rig. I'm kidding.

I don't think you're really going to regret anything unless you just want to regret. If you get the PS4 you'll be happy you've got access to the Naughty Dog games and other exclusives and will tell yourself you're glad you did it. If you get the Bone you'll tell yourself you're happy you didn't spend more and you were never going to invest the time in those particular games anyway. You could of course mope that it wasn't worth access to those games and you wish you had $100 or mope that you really wish you could play those games.

If you really don't know flip a coin. If you want to flip again and make it 2 out of 3 you know which choice you really want to make. If you're happy with the flip you either don't care or that's the one you really wanted all along.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r3a9ElvY05w" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Might be the wrong thread, but have any of you used an external drive to get more space or swapped out the internal? External would be easier, but a hybrid internal may be faster. USB 3.0 should be fast enough.

Might be the wrong thread, but have any of you used an external drive to get more space or swapped out the internal? External would be easier, but a hybrid internal may be faster. USB 3.0 should be fast enough.

I've used a USB-powered 500 GB drive for several years on my PS3, but I had to jump through some hoops to format it the right way. It's worth it though, instead of my kids hogging up all the internet to watch Paw Patrol or whatever they can just play it off that hard drive. I understand the PS4 makes it more of a plug-and-play endeavor now.

I ended up getting a 2TB USB 3.0 external drive. Works great. I almost have all my games on it and I still have space.

That's crazy to see that the PS2 had double the sales of the PS4.

And Nintendo sure did know how to make, market, and sell a portable device.

And I always thought the SNES was more popular than the NES. I was clearly wrong.

I wonder if the old loose laser disc read error inflated those ps2 numbers a bit? I had to trade in my Ps2 like 2 or 3 years in a row around Christmas... with the old "defective return" at wal mart. They eventually fixed it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom