PS5 Launching November 12 (1 Viewer)

what games need a storage update? all 2 of em..

welcome to the PC world... when they start releasing gpu upgrades for the ps5.

I did the PC gaming thing way back when SLI first came out and the FX 51 Athlon Cpu and the WD Raptor was one of the better gaming drives. I built most of my gaming rigs and man if you have the money and get the fever it will cost you. I had fun but man I wish I could just bought mid range rig and be happy instead of putting way to much stock in bench marks and swallowed those marketing strategies hook line and sinker.

I would imagine PC games are better written or the ports from consoles are a thing of the past but all the patches and driver plates and file tweaking pushed me I into 100% Playstation console gaming. I still like looking at build your own rig sites like I Buy Power and make dream rigs for a budget but they always end up in the 3000 dollar range😁

going for benchmarks is a fools game in my opinions, in 6 months those benchmarks won't mean anything and you will be chasing the dragon again. When I buy a PC I get a PC that is just a step below the bench marks or best value and I use that PC until it can barely keep up with the games or just flat out dies. Im 40 and this is my 4th PC in my life... my first one got fried by lightning that hit outside the house. That bad boy had a 8 gb hard drive... lol. Second I bought ram upgrades. Third I bought Ram upgrades and eventually a new GPU. This one died last year just before the lockdowns started. So I had to rebuild it, by rebuild I just mean a new Mobo/CPU combo. I could probably use some more ram if I wanted to host a game server locally, but it isn't a necessity.

PC will always be superior simply because communities build around games and those communities end up building mods for games that expand the games longevity. The only real down side to PC is it's far easier to cheat for online multiplayer games.

Last edited:

You don't need to update storage. You know that anipop plays every crappy game that releases so his SSD drive is probably full. I have plenty of space on mine. And, It's not like I'm every going to play more than one or two big games at a time.

This is obviously not an issue on my PC since Minesweeper takes up very little space on my 2 TB SSD drive. But, damn it loads fast from the SSD.

PC will also always be superior because it has a game called Rimworld. Which is basically a "story generator" stories like this...

Not my story...
Okay, real story here, I had a colony that was constantly abused and terrorized by a faction of bionic enhanced super killers, on one of their raids I captured a sole survivor, who happened to be their faction leader. I had her imprisoned and tortured, daily, because I was running the level up mod which increases the pawns hit points gradually the more punishment they live through, it started with someone going into her cell and punching her unconscious, then it escalated, cuts, broken bones, bullet wounds, it got so extreme it made me feel bad for her after a while.

A full year of this later, I recruited her, drugged her on everything I had, changed most of her body parts into archotech, gave her several nuclear missiles, tornado generators and beam cannon remotes and sent her across the Rim to singlehandedly eradicate her entire faction. In which she succeeded.

going for benchmarks is a fools game in my opinions, in 6 months those benchmarks won't mean anything and you will be chasing the dragon again. When I buy a PC I get a PC that is just a step below the bench marks or best value and I use that PC until it can barely keep up with the games or just flat out dies. Im 40 and this is my 4th PC in my life... my first one got fried by lightning that hit outside the house. That bad boy had a 8 gb hard drive... lol. Second I bought ram upgrades. Third I bought Ram upgrades and eventually a new GPU. Third just ram. This one died last year just before the lockdowns started. So I had to rebuild it, by rebuild I just mean a new Mobo/CPU combo. I could probably use some more ram if I wanted to host a game server locally, but it isn't a necessity.

PC will always be superior simply because communities build around games and those communities end up building mods for games that expand the games longevity. The only real down side to PC is it's far easier to cheat for online multiplayer games.
Well said!

mouses are for opening emails and clicking pr0n thumbnails

real mans use a controller to shoot faces

mouses are for opening emails and clicking pr0n thumbnails

real mans use a controller to shoot faces
real mans just plugs in his PS controller to the PC for games that play better with a controller..... how else would I play Rocket League?

They may be telling you this on the console but I just got an email from Apple that says you can unlock 6 free months of Apple TV on the console for those of you with the PS5.

real mans just plugs in his PS controller to the PC for games that play better with a controller..... how else would I play Rocket League?

Well real gaming, like Minesweeper and Solitaire, are much more responsive on M&K. Only n00bs play Minesweeper with a controller.

This is the dude that essentially built the PS5

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom