PS5 - THE FUTURE OF GAMING SHOW (1 Viewer)

buzd has been playing Borderlands 3 for the past 5 years...i don't think he knows what a great game is

No, I can see how that was confusing. Since I don't play much (except lately since I am home so much) I only play really good games. So I guess what I meant to say is that I wait until there are at least 10 such titles for the console. I only own maybe 20 games for the PS4 I have had for 3 years. I probably did pick up 10 of those when I got it but I only play one at a time. I could be wrong but I don't think many consoles have many more "great" games than 20 or so.

I'm kind of that way about Movies and Series too. If it isn't good enough that I'm not looking forward to getting back home to watch or play it, then I would probably prefer reading a book.

Yeah, I'm not someone who tends to play just anything. I've probably only seriously played around 10 games on PS4 since launch Destiny, Destiny 2, GTA V, RDR2, FIFA, Skyrim, God of War, the latest Call of Duty, and maybe a few others that I'm forgetting. I'm really picky about games and have bought far too many that I ended up never playing or finishing because they were meh.

if you only play 'great' games, you are missing out on a lot of 'very good' ones

Prey
Dishonored
Dying Light
Days Gone
Death Stranding
AC Odyssey
AC Origins
Resident Evil Biohazard

many of those are just in the last year or two

if you only play 'great' games, you are missing out on a lot of 'very good' ones

Prey
Dishonored
Dying Light
Days Gone
Death Stranding
AC Odyssey
AC Origins
Resident Evil Biohazard

I wouldn't say I'm missing them, Bob.

Prey
Dishonored
Dying Light
Days Gone
Death Stranding
AC Odyssey
AC Origins
Resident Evil Biohazard

For me It might not be so much that I don’t play anything but great. But if you typically only play five or six a year and you start with great ones and go in reverse then you may not get to good ones.

but I play a lot of games that I thought would be great and turnes our to be good or less.

I kind of thought the latest GOW was a bit that way. It was great in some ways but it was also disjointed. Like the emblem and jewel system. That seemed like an afterthought and didn’t flow with the rest of the game. So I ended up beating it without ever really utilizing or understanding that system. I maybe changed a couple of things on the weapons and I don’t even remember what they did.

I kind of thought the latest GOW was a bit that way. It was great in some ways but it was also disjointed. Like the emblem and jewel system. That seemed like an afterthought and didn’t flow with the rest of the game. So I ended up beating it without ever really utilizing or understanding that system. I maybe changed a couple of things on the weapons and I don’t even remember what they did.

hmm, i thought that system really made the combat deeper and more potent...i suppose you didn't really need it but it definitely made a difference in how you could approach different situations...there were some really powerful buffs and combos that you you could use to clear enemies

hmm, i thought that system really made the combat deeper and more potent...i suppose you didn't really need it but it definitely made a difference in how you could approach different situations...there were some really powerful buffs and combos that you you could use to clear enemies

well I will probably play through it again after gettingLOU out of my system and doing more with that would be high on my priorities (and maybe even necessary since I will try harder settings).

and I probably allowed my expectations to be too high. It was a really good game. It at least moved away from the button mashing that the series had become. The original was extremely innovative but the ones that followed just seamed to do the same exact things. Camera angles in the game were always good. But combat grew boring. If you upgraded blades of fury you could literally beat everything , save for one or two types, with just the move the hurls then in the air. I’m rehashing old discussions now so I’ll let it go.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom