PSA: when your QB has set 2 passing records in the same night, don't chant the backup's name until he actually enters the game (1 Viewer)

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
As a "hey, we never forgot the 5-0 run" gesture each Bridgewater comes in for the remainder of this season.....that's fine.

What ISN'T fine is how on 2 separate occasions prior to Teddy's arrival, there were a sporadic number of fans who broke into the "TED-DY, TED-DY" chants, only to have Brees come trotting right back out. And while it wasn't a significant number of people doing that, it was still more than just a few random "drunk uncle" types.

I understand the intent. "We have a big lead, let's encourage them to sit Drew and avoid another injury". But with the night Drew had.......I think the last thing that needed to happen was a chant for the backup QB prior to there being any real reason to chant for him.

Reaction score
I was chanting Teddy because I wanted him to come in and also throw for 4 TD's and then maybe squeeze Taysom Hill in for a TD pass or two. I wish we would have beaten the Rams on Monday instead of the Colts

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was there and didnt have a problem with it. The chants were only sustained when it was clear he was coming in.

Grant Backer Two

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was personally peeved that Drew came in for his last two series. Up 34-0 at home, with 9 minutes to play???
Really? HOF QB on fire! Put DB9 on the bench, where he belongs at this time. JMHO!!!!
As said above DB9 KNOWS the respect the Who Dat nation has for him, and he KNOWS that we love Teddy too.
Perhaps the OP was upset DB9 was still in the game like me???????? SP's ONLY mistake in my eyes Mondaynight. again, JMHO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom