Psp? (1 Viewer)

AZ WhoDAT

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I am looking to get a Playstation Portable. How are they? Which is the best one to get? Will Sony be releasing an updated version soon? Should I wait?

They're pretty cool.... It's basically a handheld PS2. I only use mine when I travel, but I have a friend that plays his every time he sits on the can.

I use it alot. There are ALOT of new features coming this year for it. The PSP-Slim which is newer version of the PSP will be able to use Skype later this month (The original PSP won't be able to run Skype). Additionally, a GPS receiver will finally be released in the U.S. this year, and if you own a PS3, you'll be able to download a copy of your Blu-Ray movies from your PS3 to your PSP so you can watch your movies on the go. This is in addition to other non-gaming features of the PSP, such as Internet radio, Internet browser, MP3 Player, Picture browser, and if you have a PS3, you can access the media on your PS3 AND computer's hard drive remotely from and wi-fi spot. In the games department, God of War is coming this year for the PSP and is a killer app. I have the demo and it will definitely be a system seller.

By the way, Lumines = Crack

I am looking to get a Playstation Portable. How are they? Which is the best one to get? Will Sony be releasing an updated version soon? Should I wait?

Yes they will be releasing an update version soon. It is the psp lite i believe but it will have a tv out on the system now plus be a little lighter.

Yes they will be releasing an update version soon. It is the psp lite i believe but it will have a tv out on the system now plus be a little lighter.

The PSP lite has been out for several months now.

i think i read somewhere that they are working on ways to use the psp with the ps3.....they said the psp could be used as a rear view mirror in a driving game for example.....:shrug:

So I am going to enter the PSP world this weekend. What games should I buy? I think I am going to get the Star Wars model since I need to buy it at Best Buy (card) and that appears to be the only one that they have in stock. What other games can you recommend?

So I am going to enter the PSP world this weekend. What games should I buy? I think I am going to get the Star Wars model since I need to buy it at Best Buy (card) and that appears to be the only one that they have in stock. What other games can you recommend?

i would get god of war: chains of olympus.....

Lumines
Persuit Force
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Syphon Filter: Logans Shadow
Silent Hill: Origins
Tomb Raider Anniversery

Actually i thought gaming was the weakest part of the PSP. The wifi internet connection i thought was done well, and on a public next work its a lot easier, and cheaper, then using your phone as a internet browser. The screen is nice and clear for UMV movie playback. You can increase the amount of mp3's you can store on it by increasing the memory card.

Since i have a ipod classic now, i can rip Std DVD directly to my ipod, so i no longer have a need for a PSP. Had the PSP been made to play video files instead of a proproitary UMV disc format, i probably would have gotten one a long time ago, but its Sony, so they are alwasy looking to push THEIR formats only.

I have one and I can't figure out how to play movies saved to the memory card. I have them converted over to PSP format (MP4) and I see the movie in the files of the memory card, but the PSP won't play them. I get a message that says 0 files found. The manual says you can transfer files to the card via a PC, but I have had no luck playing them.....:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

are you sure they are in the correct directory on the psp memory card. the psp is probably looking for video files in a specific place, they they are in the wrong folder, the psp won't see them.

I will check again. Thanks for the heads up.

It gets frustrating converting and transferring only to have the file not play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom