PT Blows up Sunday (1 Viewer)

PT will have a monster day Sunday. Everyone seems to jump on the PT wagon and onto the Bell banwagon. Bell is a great strong back don't get me wrong, I love him in a saints uni. Don't forget PT is a beast and has worked his way to our lead back. His work ethic is unbelievable and we all know how much stronger he got in the offseason to be our lead back. PT is playing with a chip on his shoulder and is going to have a great day against the Bills Sunday.

Why can't simply have 3 versatile backs that each bring something different and important to this O? That's what's causing DC's to lose sleep... Not Reggie or MB or PT or Drew or MC or JS or LM or DH or HE or our O line... It's what they bring as a unit. JMHO

Let's all be fans of both of them and please stop with any competition talk. We are working toward the same goal of a Super Bowl. I'm sure Bell will be pulling for PT the way any classy player would and we need to be classy fans as well. This isn't intended for the OP, just Saints fans in general.
:plus-un2: Finally someone else gets it.

I think PT will do ok, but that bulky knee brace concerns me. He is still not comfortable wearing it and it will likely decrease his burst through holes.

I couldn't care less who is carrying the ball as long as we are successful in doing so. There seems to me to be a dissention amongst the board here between PT lovers and Bush lovers and Bell lovers. I just love the Saints. Why can't we be a fan of all? There shound be no seperate bandwagons. Lets just have one huge bandwagon and stuff all of our running backs in there so we can all enjoy the ride.

i think any back we have can play the "power/ deuce" role. bell is a hard hitting slasher, pt can plow and is hard to bring down, and hamilton reminds me of brandon jacobs with his size. and bush is bush...a different kind of back (not the power back). but this is what makes our offense so dynamic. and oh yeah...brees is no slouch

On Sunday, PT will be a high speed train that not even bobby jindal can stop. buy your pass and hitch a ride buddy.:smilielol:
Way to deflect being called out on your manufactured "forgotten Pierre" bull.

I see the Bills trying to blitz early and often. Therefore I see us using this to our advantage. We'll be running screens to both RB and PT (PT is a very good reciever out of the backfield). I also see a lot of delayed draws.

Lastly, I hope LH will get a few touches so we can see what he can do as a north/south runner.

As long as we can average 100+ rushing for this game I see no problem with us winning this game. Even if they limit the rushing game, I still like our chances with Brees picking the secondary apart.

Is Pierre 100% healthy? I see him having a good game if he is, but if he gets dinged up then what? I see Reggie having a bigger day over Pierre because of the workload they give to make sure he stays healthy. Either way we should see 100+ yds rushing.

I'm with you on this. I'm not sure PT is fully healthy, and I'm concerned that he won't be as effective as what we are used to with him. If he's 100%, he's the best pure running back we have, I only hope he's there or close to it.

I'm with you on this. I'm not sure PT is fully healthy, and I'm concerned that he won't be as effective as what we are used to with him. If he's 100%, he's the best pure running back we have, I only hope he's there or close to it.

My belief and feelings towards our three headed monster of a backfield makes this unnecessary but I don't think PT is the best pure running back (based on its general accepted definition). I think that goes to Bell.

Are running backs (or any NFL player) ever 100% healthy?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom