PT. Chris Ivory, and Mark Ingram (2 Viewers)

Can Chris Ivory still play too bad Kamara don’t run like that sheesh that was pure ability breaking tackles and hitting holes

I tend to think that running style is why he didn’t have a longer career and was consistently injured throughout his career….I think it’s a huge credit to him that he managed to last 8 years

Can Chris Ivory still play too bad Kamara don’t run like that sheesh that was pure ability breaking tackles and hitting holes

I'm extremely happy with the way Kamara runs. Kamara is on a HOF path and will likely be in elite company as one of less than 30 players to eclipse over 100 touchdowns from scrimmage.

Ivory? Yeah....

I remember there was a huge debate of Chris Ivory vs Mark Ingram for years on this forum. Most of us knew MI was the favorite because he was the high draft pick, etc. MI was more versatile but if you wanted to pick up some yards, Chris Ivory was the man. My favorite run of his was when he broke out for a TD run against the Falcons in 2012. We let Ivory go and he made the Pro-Bowl (I can't remember the team), and there was a well known DE that was asked who was the toughest RB he ever face and he immediately admitted it was Ivory.

To MI's credit he stayed around a lot longer and eventually became a fan favorite and is still playing. But as a previous poster mentioned Ivory's running style will always have a short career.

I don't think I understand what you're saying. Are you saying it's too bad that Kamara doesn't run over people? Or is it an effort deal? There's no doubt that Ivory ran like his life depended on it. He ran like every carry was going to be his last. But AK is just a different kind of player. Talents wise, style wise. Other than the fact that both players are RBs they have nothing in common. It would be like saying I wish Barry Sanders ran more like Jerome Bettis.

As far as effort goes I think sometimes it looks like AK isn't going all out because of his running style. He's not truck stick guy lowering his head and looking for someone to hit. Those guys are fun to watch but they usually don't last long.

I loved watching Ivory too, but I read once he couldn't pick up the blitz & it drove Payton nuts.

Ivory's biggest problem was he spent most of his prime trying to get on the field.

I'll never know what he was doing off the field to make the coaches want to keep him there. I have to assume it was something because his talent on the field was like staring at the sun. He was a decent receiver too, not great but in the short passing game he could really punish a defense. There was potential for him to be a 2k yard running back in the right system early in his career if he managed to stay healthy. He really was that good in the running game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom