PT. Chris Ivory, and Mark Ingram (1 Viewer)

Guys who run like Ivory and Marion Barber aren’t sustainable for the long term. It’s fun to watch them run but it doesn’t last.

For me, Chris Ivory was the source of all my Mark Ingram hate. Ivory was just better, then. Ivory was amazing to watch. I knew he was special after that crazy run against the charger during his preason rookie year. I remember Antonio Gates being interviewed and then the camera cutting away to Chris Ivory ruining people's career hopes on the next play lol

The adult, more mature version of me now understands that the Saints had already invested heavily in the RB position with 1st rnd Mark Ingram and adding to that, the Saints couldn't afford to pay Ivory what his production/potential commanded.

It was hard to watch it all unfold but I guess it all worked out, anyway.

I don't think I understand what you're saying. Are you saying it's too bad that Kamara doesn't run over people? Or is it an effort deal? There's no doubt that Ivory ran like his life depended on it. He ran like every carry was going to be his last. But AK is just a different kind of player. Talents wise, style wise. Other than the fact that both players are RBs they have nothing in common. It would be like saying I wish Barry Sanders ran more like Jerome Bettis.

As far as effort goes I think sometimes it looks like AK isn't going all out because of his running style. He's not truck stick guy lowering his head and looking for someone to hit. Those guys are fun to watch but they usually don't last long.
True but do you guys really watch how he gets stuffed on almost every play. I understand the comparison but Hes nowhere near Barry who gave every effort on most plays... AK is not a 1k yard back he's not a back to carry the load.. I mean come on I like what he brings but even Murray was out rushing Ak. If yall not seeing that then I dont know what to say.

For me, Chris Ivory was the source of all my Mark Ingram hate. Ivory was just better, then. Ivory was amazing to watch. I knew he was special after that crazy run against the charger during his preason rookie year. I remember Antonio Gates being interviewed and then the camera cutting away to Chris Ivory ruining people's career hopes on the next play lol

The adult, more mature version of me now understands that the Saints had already invested heavily in the RB position with 1st rnd Mark Ingram and adding to that, the Saints couldn't afford to pay Ivory what his production/potential commanded.

It was hard to watch it all unfold but I guess it all worked out, anyway.
If Ivory wasn't injured for the 2010 Seattle game, I doubt we would have drafted MI the next year.

True but do you guys really watch how he gets stuffed on almost every play. I understand the comparison but Hes nowhere near Barry who gave every effort on most plays... AK is not a 1k yard back he's not a back to carry the load.. I mean come on I like what he brings but even Murray was out rushing Ak. If yall not seeing that then I dont know what to say.

They are markedly different backs….Yes, Sanders was an incredible runner but he never had a 50 catch season. AK has had 4 80+ catches in the past 5 years (he only had 47 last year because…it was last year….that year)….In fact AK has more yards and catches now than Sanders had his entire career…..

AK is also a guy you can trust in pass protection, Sanders was subbed out a lot on obvious passing downs….

So yeah, I don’t think anyone is going to argue that Sanders is not a better pure runner than AK but from an all around dynamic perspective I would take AK over Sanders every day of the week….AK also has an insane amount of TD’s (67 in 5 years)….Barry had 109 in 10 years)….

No I wasn't comparing AK to Barry Sanders. Just using Sanders vs Bettis as an example of contrasting running styles. I agree that AK is not the type of back that you want carrying the load. I've always thought he'd be better in a one two punch situation and he has been. Ideally AK is running outside and getting touches in the passing game while the more pure RB is getting the inside carries and doing the dirty work.

AK is not a Curtis Martin workhorse where you give him the ball 30 times a game and let him do his thing. It doesn't suit his style. That's why I'm worried about our current backfield. Even when AK comes back from his suspension I don't know how much help he's going to have.

No I wasn't comparing AK to Barry Sanders. Just using Sanders vs Bettis as an example of contrasting running styles. I agree that AK is not the type of back that you want carrying the load. I've always thought he'd be better in a one two punch situation and he has been. Ideally AK is running outside and getting touches in the passing game while the more pure RB is getting the inside carries and doing the dirty work.

AK is not a Curtis Martin workhorse where you give him the ball 30 times a game and let him do his thing. It doesn't suit his style. That's why I'm worried about our current backfield. Even when AK comes back from his suspension I don't know how much help he's going to have.
I think he'll fine if we don't get him beat up.
Most of Kamara's rushing has come from between the tackles, he's not a bruiser but he is powerful. He does need someone to share the load though. 20 touches a game seems work.

He's still one of the best ball carriers in the League

I think he'll be fine (once he get's back) if we don't get him beat up.
Most of Kamara's rushing yds have come from between the tackles, he's not a bruiser but he is powerful. He does need someone to share the load though. 20 touches a game seems to work.

He's still one of the best ball carriers in the League

They are markedly different backs….Yes, Sanders was an incredible runner but he never had a 50 catch season. AK has had 4 80+ catches in the past 5 years (he only had 47 last year because…it was last year….that year)….In fact AK has more yards and catches now than Sanders had his entire career…..

AK is also a guy you can trust in pass protection, Sanders was subbed out a lot on obvious passing downs….

So yeah, I don’t think anyone is going to argue that Sanders is not a better pure runner than AK but from an all around dynamic perspective I would take AK over Sanders every day of the week….AK also has an insane amount of TD’s (67 in 5 years)….Barry had 109 in 10 years)….
Tell me you’re kidding me rn? Bruh I appreciate more than anyone being a Saints fan but there’s no way you’re watching the same games I’m watching. Your argument is the catches he makes. Isn’t that a WR job? He never gave us a legit 1k yard season really maybe one. Come on bro

Bingo!! That’s all my point is. We actually saying the same thing different ways tho. But I get it. I just wonder about those who not really seeing the actual production in the field. Yea he scores a good amount. But he’s no hall of fame traditional rb like saquan Barkley or Henry or any of the others who can carry the load get u 1k yards

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom