PT highlights (1 Viewer)

Same here, love PT…Back in 2007 I was on a different board and for some reason there were a lot of folks who thought PT wasn’t ever going to amount to much….

Then the last game (it was meaningless as neither team was playoff bound) of the season against the Bears he had over 100 yards both rushing AND receiving….and still folks were like meaningless last game and he may not make the team next year and such….I constantly reminded those folks over the next few years how foolish they were….

Underhill told a story about an interview he has with a rookie CB back during the TC where Pierre Thomas was an UDFA… Nick tells of how he was talking to the player and asking him about how things were going etc… and then Pierre Thomas walked by..
The rookie CB stopped and told Underhill something to the tune of “that guy right there is an animal! …watch out for that dude!”

Apparently, Antonio Pittman thought he was a slam dunk to make the roster and took it for granted… PT came in and made Pittman expendable because of his tireless work ethic and non stop motor.

I followed PT at Illinois, and I knew what a talent he was… He went undrafted because he suffered a major leg injury at Illinois, but the experimental surgery worked… PT put in all the work (and then some) and the rest is history!

Yes, he was perhaps the best screen RB ever, but he was also an extremely underrated kick returner as well.

Underhill told a story about an interview he has with a rookie CB back during the TC where Pierre Thomas was an UDFA… Nick tells of how he was talking to the player and asking him about how things were going etc… and then Pierre Thomas walked by..
The rookie CB stopped and told Underhill something to the tune of “that guy right there is an animal! …watch out for that dude!”

Apparently, Antonio Pittman thought he was a slam dunk to make the roster and took it for granted… PT came in and made Pittman expendable because of his tireless work ethic and non stop motor.

I followed PT at Illinois, and I knew what a talent he was… He went undrafted because he suffered a major leg injury at Illinois, but the experimental surgery worked… PT put in all the work (and then some) and the rest is history!

Yes, he was perhaps the best screen RB ever, but he was also an extremely underrated kick returner as well.

PT is the living, walking example of how overrated 40 times are (he ran a 4.65-4.7)….Low pad level due to incredible balance, great vision and small space quickness were his thing….one of my favorite Saints of all time…..

I have always believed that the reason Pierre Thomas was so great at executing the screen play was because he was such a great kick returner at Illinois (and some spot duty in the NFL, when the Saints needed a big return).
He had the vision to see what was developing in front of him, see the lanes, read the blocks, and head for daylight.

PT was my biggest camp beast ever because of his power, his hands, and his veteran confidence and demeanor. He never played like a rookie.

My first memory of him actually playing was in his first preseason game. I was kind of "meh" on him until I saw him dragging tacklers down the field. Later in the game, he broke a run down the middle, and the camera angle was too low, so I could barely see him, but I could see the tacklers flying in the air as he shed them like Pop Warners.

I remember the first game he started. They couldn't tackle him. Every time he carried the he still upright when they blew the whistle. Can't say for sure but I believe that was the game where he had 100yds and 100 receiving. (Could be wrong)

What’s Pierre up to these days?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom