PT (1 Viewer)

Tired of our special teams coach period.

Sean Payton/Loomis have addressed every personal aspect of our special teams. Kicker, Punter, kickoff guy, coverage units (Evans, Dunbar, Jenkins, Young, etc), return man (bringing Roby back specifically for KRs), etc.

It's not the personal. We've gotten great individual efforts from guys like Jenkins and Morestead, it's the units that are doing poorly.

Time to pull the plug on McMahon. Won't happen until the offseason if then, but I'm convinced this guy isn't going to cut it now.

yeah i agree. special teams has been bad. just an observation so far this season but thomas shouldnt be out there unless he is returning. he has been pitiful blocking. dont know if its a mental thing or what but he shouldnt be in that position.

Special teams are going to cost us a game or 2 this year.

I noticed PT dogging it a little on ST's too, but consnidering the outcome of the game, I let it slide. There were actually a few people that consistently half arsed it on ST's.

IMO, if they're going to ask PT to be the bell-cow rusher, he shouldn't be blocking on return units.

Your starting back should be no where and I mean no where near any return or coverage teams. He gets beat up as it is running the rock.

Tired of our special teams coach period.

Sean Payton/Loomis have addressed every personal aspect of our special teams. Kicker, Punter, kickoff guy, coverage units (Evans, Dunbar, Jenkins, Young, etc), return man (bringing Roby back specifically for KRs), etc.

It's not the personal. We've gotten great individual efforts from guys like Jenkins and Morestead, it's the units that are doing poorly.

Time to pull the plug on McMahon. Won't happen until the offseason if then, but I'm convinced this guy isn't going to cut it now.
He has to be worried about his job.

In a tighter game, those lapses will result in a loss.

He has to be worried about his job.

In a tighter game, those lapses will result in a loss.

We've given up 93 points and, thinking off the top of my head here, you can probably hang about 20-30 or so of that on our special teams, from returns, the fake FG, a net 4 points in a blocked FG and XP.... That's pretty bad. And McMahon gets no credit for great kickoffs by Morestead (who wasn't even tried out on kickoffs until Hartley got suspended) or the awesome individual efforts by Jenkins on those strips.

Unfortunately, I don't know that this will be addressed until it outright costs us a big game this season. Payton finally made the change with Gibbs, but it took two mediocre years to do that first.

who else are we going to have to worry about on ST,not trying to be over confident but besides the wildcat and the pats what will devastate us?

you gotta block better on the kick returns bro.... my only complaint.:9:

Only other complaint I have with PT, isn't really with PT it's with the packages around the goalline. Mike Bell needs to get all of the short yardage carries. PT's patience and running style isn't good in tight packages where the defense in bunched in.

Only other complaint I have with PT, isn't really with PT it's with the packages around the goalline. Mike Bell needs to get all of the short yardage carries. PT's patience and running style isn't good in tight packages where the defense in bunched in.

This is my complaint with PT as well. If he wants the every down and power back status, the dude needs to be able to pick up a freaking yard when it counts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom