PTI on officiating (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Today on PTI, Wilbon and Kornheiser said the league is embarrassed and laughed how the Saints get hosed every week while discussing the report that the league is reviewing officiating in the offseason. Wilbon asked for a special replay guy in charge of the Saints getting hosed. Made me feel like less of a cry baby about the refs.

Today on PTI, Wilbon and Kornheiser said the league is embarrassed and laughed how the Saints get hosed every week while discussing the report that the league is reviewing officiating in the offseason. Wilbon asked for a special replay guy in charge of the Saints getting hosed. Made me feel like less of a cry baby about the refs.
Wish I would have seen that.

Wow ..it is being spoken out loud now by ESPN, Saints get hosed every week...but the question is, will it prompt fundamental change to stop hack officiating from hosing teams, in particular the Saints? Or will it just be like this open secret that the Saints get hosed bc well, ha ha snicker, they're the Saints?

Well the fact that the NFL is looking into it indicates there will be discusión of how intrusive and the results among owners. We at least have a representative in that. Some of us have believed all along that some owners have been in on it but if that were the case it’s not likely that Krafts team gets hosed even once.

Wont bring us back any lost games, chances on a super bowl or injured players...

but funny how its finally reaching the media after two years

This too will pass. Folks believe what they see in the media and believe it resolved once it goes away. So merely having it talked about for a little while will mean the issue has been fixed.

Just like most lay fans believe that locker-room bounties and players trying to "take out" other players was just the 09 Saints (only), and that it ended when the Saints got "busted". None notice that quite a few Saints players have been "taken out" (obviously on purpose) many times before and since. And the closure and finality is real. Mention to other teams fans how Debo ear-holed Kamara while two of his team-mates held him up last season, and see what response you get.

Same will happen with officiating, and the results will be the same. They might even tweak a few rules, make some changes in officiating personnel, training, procedure, etc... and nothing will really change.

Cancel the last home game and show every horrible call over the past 3 years on a loop. Fork the nfl

I don't think the officials cheat us out of wins consciously. This perhaps makes it worss. It can't be corrected. It's something that resides in the psyche, likely over last year's missed called and the collective bruised psyche of officials over our protestations. I don't think the refs are bad people who want to give the Saints a raw deal, but I am sure their bias is deeply internalized and now resides as unspoken group-think.

They also really don't like Payton.

all we had to do was surrender the fleurdilis and whodat to the league and this could all have been avoided lol

The NCAA doesn't have anywhere close to the officiating problems that the NFL does. What does that tell me? That NFL officials are consciously making bad calls against teams and players they have some sort of issue with. The fact that a Chicago homer like Mike Wilbon, of all people with a microphone, notices and calls out the disgustingly slanted officiating against the Saints speaks volumes.

Payton dared to make a stink out of a crew littered with officials from L.A. screwing us out of a chance at a Super Bowl win by immediately revealing the details of a phone call from Al Riveron telling us we got screwed and then had the nerve to take PI to the officiating committee and actually got the replay instituted on their infallible judgment calls and suddenly we have phantom calls extending drives at the end of games, OPI calls against us that are called DPI in later games the same day, receivers throwing our DBs to the ground to catch long TDs, etc., etc., but the officials knew/think/thought they could get away with it since Riveron has their back. He better get fired if this "top down review" is legit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom