PTI - On Saints in London (1 Viewer)

Archie_4_HOF

Northshore Who Dat
Reaction score
I don't like Tony Kornheiser but I appreciate his opinion on robbing the Saints fan base of a home game to go to London. He said what many have said here. I was excited to see it get some national press.
The short of it is that he said that New Orleans is the last city that should have to lose a home game due to the economic impact on the city. But he agreed that he feels this match up was chosen because of the two great offenses.

yea i saw that too. oh well they gotta play in London so we might as well get over it. hopefully the Saints come out on top

It does suck short term to lose the home game, but a good game with the Saints winning might improve their stock world wide. This could mean more fans buying Saints gear, more Saints fans, and greater economic impact in N.O. from overseas travelers in the many years to follow. Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Saints playing in an international market every year provided they alternate home/away games.

Look at the good exposure for Dallas and Detroit with the Thanksgiving games. I think it could do more to solidify the Saints in N.O. and bring a much needed fan infusion to make the team a world wide sensation.

This should be where someone pushes for a Superbowl to replace it.

One problem with this game is that it happens to fall on my friends birthday, and we go to the games together, so he's getting robbed of seeing the Saints at the dome on his birthday. Totally sucks.

does anyone have a link to that ??
im trying to find the PTI show on espn.com

As a season ticket holder I am disappointed to lose a home game -- and for the city of new orleans the revenue lost is a large one -- however -- looking at the long term I think its a good thing. Especially if we win. The saints are already a popular team across the pond and this will only increase the exposure world wide. This will translate into more merchandise sales increasing the Saints revenue (which is good considering we are afraid of losing them) -- also it could increase the tourism because I am sure there will be lots of New Orleans commercials in them) -

So overall I think this is a positive thing

The Saints won't win this game, unfortunately. SD is a powerful athletic AFC team. These type teams kick our butts blind-folded.

I was wondering if the saints were the clear choice to play overseas for economic reasons, not for the city of New Orleans but for the NFL.

The saints will not lose money on this one, they will be reimbursed by the NFL as it was a sold-out game and even maybe more. The saints are an attractive team, and because of the size of the stadium and cost of tickets, the saints may be one of the cheapest teams to reimburse based on the revenues of a sold-out Superdome.

What bugs me is that the Chargers have a bye week following the London game, but no word that the Saints do...IMO, the teams that have to play overseas should be teams that BOTH have a bye the following week. Again, JMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom