Public Enemy or NWA (1 Viewer)

Both had a pivotal role in my youth. Living in Los Angeles at that time was something else.

Both had a pivotal role in my youth. Living in Los Angeles at that time was something else.

I was living in LA already when NWA broke (and I had Straight Outta Compton playing on my car's cassette player for a solid month), but I still gotta go with Public Enemy--their stuff still resonates while I'm not really sure I'd want to listen to NWA now for more than a few minutes.

Rosie Perez air-boxing the credits to "Fight the Power" at the beginning of Do the Right Thing is one of my favorite title sequences in any movie. That song coulda won an Oscar.

Weird to think that such a transgressive music genre is now a subject that old guys like me can talk about from personal experience.

Both were great. But when it comes right down to it, PE were about the politics. NWA were about being straight outta Compton.

Not just that they told the authority how they felt. They spoke up how us in the ghetto felt about them. So I have to go with NWA, but you couldnt go wrong with PE!!!

Agreed, I'd go with NWA. Eazy E. Ice Cube. Dre. MC Ren. Yella. Pshhh, get outta here. I actually have that on my iPod at the moment. :hihi:

But PE is great as well, I'm a big metal guy, and I found it cool they collaborated with Scott Ian and Anthrax to remix one of their songs. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom