Pull-A-Part (1 Viewer)

Bundok Saint

All-Weather Fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Most of the time this place has been a miss to me, especially having to drive out there from Metairie, but today was a hit.

Been pricing roof rack cross bars for my WJ (Grand Cherokee), and most parts places and stealerships want over $150 for the pair. Ebay is anywhere from $50 to $90 depending on shipping. Was able to get a pretty nice set this morning from here, however, for about $9 apiece or less than $20 for the pair. There were two other Jeeps with decent crossbars. So, I picked those up as well to Craigslist/Ebay 'em myself and make up the price I paid and then some.

What topped it all off for me, though, was that I was able to pull a working window regulator (which are notorious for going bad on WJs) off of one of the yard's newest acquisitions. These are usually the first things stripped off of junked WJ's because of the price and frequency of replacement. So, I was surprised and stoked to see this Jeep's doors were still intact and the regulators still available, especially for $24 when they're going for anywhere between $50 to $190 online! :9:

Someone in line behind me said, "I'm in the wrong business," when I told him how much I could get online for these parts. Speaking of which, anybody need a set of WJ crossbars? :hihi:

edit: forgot to add - the other thing that made this an overall great visit was that the lady at the entrance desk gave me back my admittance fee when she found out I was former military (hey, $2 bucks is $2). :D

ive had some success there, and the prices were so cheap that it made up for the misses from previous trips.

i got a throttle body for my old civic (15 bucks), and a window glass for my friends f150 (19 bucks).

Ross and i also got soaking wet one day trying to get a transmission dipstick and dipstick tube for a chevy cavalier.

They are great for older models cars and the prices can not be beat. You just gotta watch for new arrivals and get to them before the rest of us vultures.

i bought an entire rear disc brake assembly, including control arms, off of a 95ish integra for about $50. the guy told me i could keep whatever i could fit in my pockets as well.

they wanted $100 for a rear driver side taillight off of a 91 crx. so the prices were a little skewed on some items..

i bought an entire rear disc brake assembly, including control arms, off of a 95ish integra for about $50. the guy told me i could keep whatever i could fit in my pockets as well.

they wanted $100 for a rear driver side taillight off of a 91 crx. so the prices were a little skewed on some items..

im about to do the same thing for my old civic. rear disc conversion and bigger front brakes. theres a DA integra there with all 4 brakes fully intact. im curious as to how much they are going to charge me for all of that, since its not just "brake caliper" or "front knuckle"

im about to do the same thing for my old civic. rear disc conversion and bigger front brakes. theres a DA integra there with all 4 brakes fully intact. im curious as to how much they are going to charge me for all of that, since its not just "brake caliper" or "front knuckle"

It is free if you go after midnight. :mwink:

i've made that swap twice. fairly painless (i can say this because i basically just held the arms..). makes a huge difference in braking. honda rear drums blow.

i've made that swap twice. fairly painless (i can say this because i basically just held the arms..). makes a huge difference in braking. honda rear drums blow.

yeah ive done it on a handful of EFs. i just dont really feel like going to pull-a-part and sweating my butt off while fighting the CV nuts with hand tools.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom