Pulled from Philly site <<<<MERGED>>>> (1 Viewer)

Can you link this so I can see what the rest are saying?

Doesnt' sound like something he would do. I have a hard time believing that one.

Not that it really matters, but I would think if there was a shread of truth to it, we would hear much more about it. The beloved NFC East? You can bet your butt it would be all over the papers etc.

I ain't buyin' it. With the amount of offensive plays we had in the 4th, SP would have had to ignore the game completely.

Dude's a liar.

I reserve judgment until the FACTS emerge. Might be something to it; might be false hype. But remember, when Gleason blocked that punt vs. the Falcons, Payton made a gesture of "sticking (stabbing) with the machete, and then slashing across."

Watch the following at about the 0:30 second mark:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSsfA7W7Y8A

If you know anything about actions like that, it is aggressive, overt, and "IN-YOUR-FACE." But when you do that, it can backfire if the other team is able to get motivated because of it. It's better to be more chilled-out (as the head coach) on the sideline. Fist pumps, high five's, etc. are cool. But that action was, well... ill-advised.

It's not that big a deal, but doing that on the sideline kinda reflects what's going on in his head.

Again, I'm reserving judgment until the facts come out. But I won't go out on a limb to defend prematurely either.

Just my :tpenny:

:gosaints:

How about talking about Andy Reid stopping the clock with 7 seconds to go to attempt a long pass with his team down by 3 tds??

You stay Classy Philadelphia.

As many cameras as there are all over the field, I have a hard time believing this. The coaches/players are constantly being filmed (how many times have we seen clips of a player jawing with the opposing fans, or a coach and a player yelling at each other). If something like this had happened (a coach taunting fans AND being restrained by an assistant), I think we'd have definitely seen it all over the internet/sportscenter... or on twitter/youtube at least.

So yea... I wouldn't put much stock in that.

Well, SP coached with the Eagles for a while, so I guess he knows how the fans can jaw with the opposition. Maybe he was fighting fire with fire (or something)? It was a little strange when a SAINTS TD withstood a challenge review and Payton went into extreme celebration mode, replete with "yeah baby, touchdown!". Maybe SP just knows how it is around <S>the Vet</S> the Linc and wanted to give the fans their money's worth?
I'm sure he only gave back what the fans were feeding him all day. And 10 min is definitely an exaggeration.

Did anybody see at one point where they showed Drew on the side line and he pointed to his hand as if to say, this is where the Super Bowl ring will go. Are was that just me. I loved it.
Ummm that's arrogance if you ask me. SP better slow it down and take one game at a time...next thing you know, he'll be booking flights to Miami by week 5 and ordering ring sizes for the team. Let's get a grip people. Your team is exceptional...don't spoil it and become the next version of Cowboys.

I reserve judgment until the FACTS emerge. Might be something to it; might be false hype. But remember, when Gleason blocked that punt vs. the Falcons, Payton made a gesture of "sticking (stabbing) with the machete, and then slashing across."

Watch the following at about the 0:30 second mark:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSsfA7W7Y8A

If you know anything about actions like that, it is aggressive, overt, and "IN-YOUR-FACE." But when you do that, it can backfire if the other team is able to get motivated because of it. It's better to be more chilled-out (as the head coach) on the sideline. Fist pumps, high five's, etc. are cool. But that action was, well... ill-advised.

It's not that big a deal, but doing that on the sideline kinda reflects what's going on in his head.

Again, I'm reserving judgment until the facts come out. But I won't go out on a limb to defend prematurely either.

Just my :tpenny:

:gosaints:
That didn't look like a machete slash or stab to me. It looked like a typical celebratory gesture. It was more like a punch or a fist pump in my opinion. This guy's story sounds like serious embellishment to me.

I don't believe this for a second. I feel like somebody is stretching the truth. Do I believe that Payton may have some fun with some fans and made the 4-1 to them? Yes, I do believe that.

Philly fan has absolutely nothing to say. They invented poor sportsmanship. Philly is the town that taunts and then cries when they get their butts handed to them. Let's be honest, Philly is a very unlikeable sports city...really.

Did anybody see at one point where they showed Drew on the side line and he pointed to his hand as if to say, this is where the Super Bowl ring will go. Are was that just me. I loved it.
I didn't see that. That doesn't seem like something Drew would do.

Confidence not cockiness :p

Besides, it's Philadelphia. There is no telling what they were yelling at Payton and the players... if it even happened.

This story is stupid and obviously not true. I was hoping the link would show fans mocking the op but alas they went along with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom