Pulling Starters (Show Me The Teddy's) (1 Viewer)

SaintKenKen

Delusional Optimist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, I'm a little surprised both teams Starters stayed in the game as long as they did yesterday. It was fairly obvious after the Eagles unsuccessful 4 and whatever attempt in their own territory failed...that it just wasn't their day. I was expecting a benched and dejected Wentz on the sideline similar to Brady in '09.

I'm also a little surprised OUR starters were in there as long as they were but... I started a phrase just for this purpose

"Show Me the Teddy's"

I figure its pretty appropriate for New Orleans and it means we're so comfortably ahead we're putting in Teddy Bridgewater and resting Drew

Its a hit with with my inebriated friends and bar patrons :)

I’m hoping we have some more ops like that and that Teddy may be able to throw some passes.

I’d like to see a bit of what he may have to offer and also think it may help dissuade him from leaving after the year. If Drew is hanging em up after next year.

If Drew plays after 2019 then I think Teddy is gone after this season, if he is aware of the plan with Drew.

Agree. Brees had no business playing in the fourth quarter, ESPECIALLY after we pulled the o-line starters.

I’m hoping we have some more ops like that and that Teddy may be able to throw some passes.

I’d like to see a bit of what he may have to offer and also think it may help dissuade him from leaving after the year. If Drew is hanging em up after next year.

If Drew plays after 2019 then I think Teddy is gone after this season, if he is aware of the plan with Drew.

I can't take credit for this but my friend mentioned this weekend: "With Taysom Hill taking snaps and giving Brees plays off...This might end up extending Brees career significantly"

At this point, he's lost maybe 10 yards on his deep ball but his accuracy is as good as ever and his smarts are better than ever. We'll see what happens but I'm not sure he's done after next year.

I can't take credit for this but my friend mentioned this weekend: "With Taysom Hill taking snaps and giving Brees plays off...This might end up extending Brees career significantly"

At this point, he's lost maybe 10 yards on his deep ball but his accuracy is as good as ever and his smarts are better than ever. We'll see what happens but I'm not sure he's done after next year.
Physically I totally agree.

I’m going off the vibe he’s been giving off in interviews and him alluding to the end being near.
Rev has talked about it too. I think he retires after next year, to be with his family full time.

Not at all because I think he will have lost his magic.

On this part, I agree. In the horrible scenario where Teddy has to step in for Drew (except for resting him in 4th quarter), I'd prefer he have live game experience that involved more than just handing the ball off and kneeling in victory formation

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom