Punk kids?? Gun law question (1 Viewer)

Leastbay

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
What do you do when a punk kid gets out of his car and yells at you?

I was driving down the street in Metairie by Crown Buick and some punk in a junky looking prelude was doing about 40 mph in a 20 and almost hit me as I was turning, he then proceeded to yell at me so I stopped, he got out of his car and started coming towards mine yelling at me to watch where he was going. I then informed him he was speeding and he told me to prove it. I reached for my XD40 as he was getting closer. Luckily he got back in his car and left. At what point and how close would he have to be to my window for me to show him the gun? Or should I have just backed up and went a different way?

i don't stop for anyone who yells at me.

i only stop for people who are nice to me.

and even then, almost never

Why WOULD i stop? Let him get out of his car and stomp around and yell like a fool all he wants to. i'm on my way somewhere, or else i wouldn't have been in the car to begin with. no time for knuckleheads

youre right thats the best thing to do I would have had to back up though, I was also twice his size even a fight wouldnt have been fair. Im just asking in general if you feel threatened with someone comping up to your window and you can leave for whatever reason, can you just give him a peek?

youre right thats the best thing to do I would have had to back up though, I was also twice his size even a fight wouldnt have been fair. Im just asking in general if you feel threatened with someone comping up to your window and you can leave for whatever reason, can you just give him a peek?

http://www.lsp.org/pdf/chRuleBook04.pdf

See page 26-27, LRS 14:20(3).

Pants-ing him would be way more awesome though, if you just can't resist the exciting prospect of sticking around instead of pulling away because you have more important things to discover elsewhere, than however that conversation goes there.

Who cares how big you are compared to him?
You had a gun.
That makes you three times the MAN!
KABLAM!!!!
Punks deserve to die anyway.
Stupid two chord music.

I had a friend in the same situation and he flashed his gun as a warning....he was then visited by the local sheriff later on because the punk recorded his LP number and sent it to the cops that he was being threatened by someone with a gun. The problem in situations like this, is that you have to have more than your word versus his when it comes to what the law will believe.

If he touches your car, you are within you legal rights to put him down. Otherwise you should just get out and stomp his ***.

Gaminerie had it right, don't stop. Why bother? It might not be the macho thing to do, but in this day-and-age, it's usually best to let cooler heads prevail. Being passionate and daring about something you believe strongly in can be noble. Challenging fellow motorists on the streets when you have the option to play it cool and move on is ill-advised.

Leastbay, in addition to wondering about gun laws, have you thought about what today would be like if you'd had to shoot him? Worth the investment of time of going through an investigation, being in the news, missing work, having opinions formed about you with some people judging you negatively? The possibility of facing charges for injuring or killing an unarmed person -- really messy if there aren't witnesses to back-up your story or don't want to get involved, or flat-out lie.

I don't know, man, seems like a lot of trouble over a punk kid.

Gaminerie had it right, don't stop. Why bother? It might not be the macho thing to do, but in this day-and-age, it's usually best to let cooler heads prevail. Being passionate and daring about something you believe strongly in can be noble. Challenging fellow motorists on the streets when you have the option to play it cool and move on is ill-advised.

Leastbay, in addition to wondering about gun laws, have you thought about what today would be like if you'd had to shoot him? Worth the investment of time of going through an investigation, being in the news, missing work, having opinions formed about you with some people judging you negatively? The possibility of facing charges for injuring or killing an unarmed person -- really messy if there aren't witnesses to back-up your story or don't want to get involved, or flat-out lie.

I don't know, man, seems like a lot of trouble over a punk kid.

Lets not forge that should you evade criminal charges. Civil suits may soon follow.

Get back in your car. Take the keys out and in a panic "lose" them under the seat. Taunt him into attacking your car. Shoot him multiple times in self defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom