Punky Brewster Reboot (1 Viewer)

Of course, another show about a single mom trying to do it all. Predictable and boring, the writers in hollywood are so lazy, they can't even come up with interesting concepts anymore. How many shows are already like this already? So now we get a wine mom, Punky, who prowls on Tinder. /joy

Take a cue from Wandavision and have it be about her having a mental decline. The magic creature shows back up and starts talking to her about their old adventures, but she says that never happened. Everyone around her increasingly becomes worried about her sanity. She doesn't know what's real or fantasy anymore. And then the creature starts telling her if she wants to experience the magic again, she must begin harvesting souls.

I would sign up for Peacock for this show, and only this show.

I like the cut of your jib.

Take a cue from Wandavision and have it be about her having a mental decline. The magic creature shows back up and starts talking to her about their old adventures, but she says that never happened. Everyone around her increasingly becomes worried about her sanity. She doesn't know what's real or fantasy anymore. And then the creature starts telling her if she wants to experience the magic again, she must begin harvesting souls.

I would sign up for Peacock for this show, and only this show.

Parents that finally sit down to watch the show with their kids for the first time at Episode 10.

tumblr_oyx333NRFf1qmob6ro1_400.gifv

They are actually trying for a Blossom reboot
===================================
Mayim Bialik and Blossom creator Don Reo have been trying to bring back the popular '90s series but have been met with resistance.

"I guess I'm allowed to talk about this now, Don Reo and I do have a limited reboot that we would like to do. We've had a lot of trouble getting our network onboard," Bialik tells EW exclusively while promoting the series' Monday debut on Hulu.

Reo had Bialik on his mind when he created the role of Blossom Russo, a fashionable, girl-next-door living with her father and two brothers, after seeing the budding young actress portray a young Bette Midler in the 1988 hit Beaches. The series ran for five seasons from 1991-1995 on NBC and costarred Joey Lawrence, Michael Stoyanov, Tedd Wass, and Jenna von Oy.

"It's been really fascinating. At a certain point, I may just start a grassroots fan campaign to see if we can do it because we absolutely would love people to see where these characters are," she adds. "[Reo] and I talked about it and we kind of decided after literally years of trying to work on this that I would probably just say it out loud. We do have a well-formed idea and we would love someone to let us do it.".................

Mayim Bialik is struggling to get Blossom reboot greenlit 'after literally years of trying' (msn.com)

So, maybe I'm confused what the difference in a Reboot, Remake and sequel (or continuation).
I thought a sequel was a continuation of the original story line, A Remake was when you took the original material and plot and remade it (obviously there will be differences, but the plot remains the same). A Reboot is when you take the concept from the original movie, but tell a completely different story, usually the plot is different.
With shows like Punky Brewster, Fuller House, etc, I don't think are reboots or remakes. Since they are the same actors/actresses playing the same characters in the same story, it really just a continuation of the original series. But maybe the word Reboot sounds better to the audience.

So, maybe I'm confused what the difference in a Reboot, Remake and sequel (or continuation).
I thought a sequel was a continuation of the original story line, A Remake was when you took the original material and plot and remade it (obviously there will be differences, but the plot remains the same). A Reboot is when you take the concept from the original movie, but tell a completely different story, usually the plot is different.
With shows like Punky Brewster, Fuller House, etc, I don't think are reboots or remakes. Since they are the same actors/actresses playing the same characters in the same story, it really just a continuation of the original series. But maybe the word Reboot sounds better to the audience.
I think it depends whether you use the original cast or not but I don’t know which is which.

The fact that this thread got to 5 pages concerned me. But I realized it was people ripping it, so please proceed.

I think it depends whether you use the original cast or not but I don’t know which is which.

all the terms seem to be used interchangeably

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom