Purple people still think the saint's cheated (1 Viewer)

B-Train

The West Bank's Favorite Son
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's funny because on /r/NFL they always come out of the woodworks to destroy Saints fans about "bounty"gate. I always point out that the Vikings were indeed running a bounty program in 2009 to which they respond with ONE Vikings player who denied accusations.

So what I'm hearing is ONE player denied the allegations and so it's case closed... But the Saints' player suspensions being vacated and practically the whole team denying it and somehow that's not good enough.

The Vikings are still the whiniest fan base in the league. If they never win another game I'd be happy.

Darren B

My son's a Who Dat too!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought the 2009 season finished, what, 7 years ago?

Are the Vikings fans still *****ing about this?

Jeez, get a life.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I've watched that game at least 30 times and much in slow-mo. If I was a Vike fan, I would have committed suicide. We got 4 calls in the OT that were so close. If I were a Vike fan, I would have thought it was robbery. Whatever. It was destiny. BTW: PT did not make that the 1st down in OT on 4th down. Today with NY review, it would probably have been over turned.

Suavecito8

Hispanic causing panic
Reaction score
I've watched that game at least 30 times and much in slow-mo. If I was a Vike fan, I would have committed suicide. We got 4 calls in the OT that were so close. If I were a Vike fan, I would have thought it was robbery. Whatever. It was destiny. BTW: PT did not make that the 1st down in OT on 4th down. It would probably have been over turned.
How long did it take you to watch it being it was that many times and in slow mo? PT got the first down. Not by much by he got it. :9:

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Even *if* the bounty system was real - how is it cheating? There is no competitive advantage gained.

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
I've watched that game at least 30 times and much in slow-mo. If I was a Vike fan, I would have committed suicide. We got 4 calls in the OT that were so close. If I were a Vike fan, I would have thought it was robbery. Whatever. It was destiny. BTW: PT did not make that the 1st down in OT on 4th down. Today with NY review, it would probably have been over turned.
Totally. We emptied the karma clip in '09.

Slixtrix

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
that's like us, still being mad at marshawn lynch for single handily beating us. oh wait, i still am.

Wiggoes

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't see how this could still be an issue for them. Almost none of the hits in that game were illegal. I can only remember one that was definitely illegal (the high/low hit) on Favre. The refs were throwing flags on legal hits because they felt bad for the limping old man. I remember being furious at some of those calls.

Broad St. Saint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
People forget. That was 2009. The NFL had entirely different rules back then. Anyone who watches old clips will feel like it looks dirty. Imagine if you watched Mel Blount clips now.

Those hits were legal or borderline, not dirty, and they still don't call the low hits on qbs with any regularity now. Time-wise, that was a way closer in time to the hit on Carson Palmer, and closer to Siragusa's days than nowadays.

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I would be mad at Peterson for fumbling that ball on the goal line right before halftime in what was a back and forth game.

I would be mad at Childress, the offensive coordinator, and whomever the 12th man in the huddle was that pushed them out of field goal range.

I would be mad at Favre for throwing an ill-advised across the field pass that got intercepted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom