Put Yourself On The Committee For 2018 (1 Viewer)

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
It's well known by now that New Orleans will attempt to get the Super Bowl for 2018 in New Orleans. After tonight, how would you do your presentation to the governing board?

It seemed like this week leading up to the game was so perfect, rave reviews all around... and then that 37 minute stretch in the 3rd quarter happened

You can't completely write it off and try to forget it... that will have to be addressed (I'm hoping SMG and Entergy are already working on it right the wrong right now)

obviously selling the NFL on NOLA hosting the 2018 super bowl was a lot easier before the start of the 3rd quarter tonight... but it's now a lot harder. Not impossible, I'm not saying that by any stretch, not even close, but it definitely got harder

Power outages have happened since man invented electricity. They will happen again.

At least it didn't rain, snow or freeze during the game. At least the stadium was right in the middle of one of the best downtown areas in the world. The weather all week couldn't have been scripted better. There were plenty of hotel rooms, fantastic food, music and entertainment. The Super Dome is one of the best venues in all of sports and has a resume that blows all other stadiums (most other stadiums combined) out of the water and it is better than ever.

Pretty easy sell IMO.

Power outages have happened since man invented electricity. They will happen again.

At least it didn't rain, snow or freeze during the game. At least the stadium was right in the middle of one of the best downtown areas in the world. The weather all week couldn't have been scripted better. There were plenty of hotel rooms, fantastic food, music and entertainment. The Super Dome is one of the best venues in all of sports and has a resume that blows all other stadiums (most other stadiums combined) out of the water and it is better than ever.

Pretty easy sell IMO.
that is the point I was thinking of that must be hit hard... what the Dome has hosted and other big events we will host... more than just Sugar Bowls and National Championships

***rumor*** is the biggest event in pro wrestling is on the docket for next year... WWE's Wrestlemania will be coming to NOLA in 2014... that's a week-long event leading up to a 4-hour pay-per-view megacard... that will be huge

People pay to watch that stuff? There IS one born every minute!
that 1 (speaking about Wrestlemania) costs like $50 - $60 to get on TV... maybe more

you laugh... but it is big business... it's been in nothing but NFL stadiums lately... were at SunLife Stadium (Miami) last year and will be in Metlife Stadium (NY/NJ) this year

I doubt it's anymore than an afterthought, to be honest.

back on topic... does anyone know when those presentations will be made? what other big events will there be before then? I know NOLA will house 1 of the 1st semifinals of the college football playoffs... and will be in line for that championship game not long after that... the NBA All-Star Game I'm guessing will be inside the Dome... what else is set?

that 1 (speaking about Wrestlemania) costs like $50 - $60 to get on TV... maybe more

you laugh... but it is big business... it's been in nothing but NFL stadiums lately... were at SunLife Stadium (Miami) last year and will be in Metlife Stadium (NY/NJ) this year

Big business is right. WrestleMania generated over $100 million for the local economy in South Florida last year. The WWE Elimination Chamber (EC) is at the New Orleans Arena later this month. They may make the WrestleMania in NOLA announcement right around then...like on the Raw before the EC PPV.

Pulling off a big event like that without any hitches would only help instill more confidence.

back on topic... does anyone know when those presentations will be made? what other big events will there be before then? I know NOLA will house 1 of the 1st semifinals of the college football playoffs... and will be in line for that championship game not long after that... the NBA All-Star Game I'm guessing will be inside the Dome... what else is set?

New Orleans will be hosting the NFC Championship Game next season. :9:

The 2008 NBA All-Star Game was played at the Arena. I assume the 2014 game will be played there as well.

Pretty easy sell IMO.

I understand what you're saying man. but It's very obvious that the NFL wanted to keep the game close. By the middle of the 3rd Quarter it was gonna be a blowout and people would start to tune out which would put a big hurting on the commercial revenue.

Big business is right. WrestleMania generated over $100 million for the local economy in South Florida last year. The WWE Elimination Chamber (EC) is at the New Orleans Arena later this month. They may make the WrestleMania in NOLA announcement right around then...like on the Raw before the EC PPV.

Pulling off a big event like that without any hitches would only help instill more confidence.

New Orleans will be hosting the NFC Championship Game next season. :9:

The 2008 NBA All-Star Game was played at the Arena. I assume the 2014 game will be played there as well.
after tonight... I'm also looking at the technical side of Mania... look at the set up they use last year and what they use this year... lots of lights... big stage that's just a HUGE videoboard... lots of pyro... exactly what led to the problem tonight

I know in '08 the All-Star Game was in the Arena... but since then they had the Dallas 1 in Jerry World... this 1's in Houston and I see it's being played in the Toyota Center so I take that back it'll prob. be in the Arena

and I like your thinking on the NFC Championship Game :9:

after tonight... I'm also looking at the technical side of Mania... look at the set up they use last year and what they use this year... lots of lights... big stage that's just a HUGE videoboard... lots of pyro... exactly what led to the problem tonight

I'm sure Vince McMahon will want answers as to what happened with the power outage during the Super Bowl and rightfully so. They can start working on their "It won't happen again" pitch with him. You know the Super Bowl power outage with get referenced and joked about around next year's WrestleMania, but that could actually work in the WWE's favor come time of the event. They could do a "worked" lights out moment for a run-in attack and fans might honestly think that there was actually a real problem with the lights. :hihi:

I'm sure Vince McMahon will want answers as to what happened with the power outage during the Super Bowl and rightfully so. They can start working on their "It won't happen again" pitch with him. You know the Super Bowl power outage with get referenced and joked about around next year's WrestleMania, but that could actually work in the WWE's favor come time of the event. They could do a "worked" lights out moment for a run-in attack and fans might honestly think that there was actually a real problem with the lights. :hihi:
are you a writer for the WWE? :hihi:

They could do a "worked" lights out moment for a run-in attack and fans might honestly think that there was actually a real problem with the lights. :hihi:

"Worked?"

What are you talking about?

Guys? He's not serious.....please...?

"Worked?"

What are you talking about?

Guys? He's not serious.....please...?

"A work" ("worked") is professional wrestling jargon, like "kayfabe."

Just to be clear, I was using the term "worked" for the storyline writing for the WWE's WrestleMania next year and not in direct relation (a cause) to the actual power outage that took place during the Super Bowl.

Honestly it will depend on the findings. Right now it sounds like something tried to overload the system and a fail safe kicked in. But the question is if it was caused by the dome or came from outside. If its not the domes fault it won't be a problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom