Q&A: Sean Payton's Friday Conference Call (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Full Story – NewOrleansSaints.Com

What’s your most pressing takeaway now I guess 12 hours later?

“A couple things, obviously the turnovers set us back early. We have had six now in two games and it has been something for the good portion of the season we have been good with and I would say has helped us in regards to winning games, so six offensively in the last two weeks is not good and you are going to lose. I think defensively, we handled the short fields and sudden change stops really well. I thought Nick Fairley jumped off the film a little bit and you see his play, especially not only in the passing game, but in the running game (as well) and he had a real good game.

I think in the kicking game last night there are a handful of things that come up in that game, penalties late in the game on two punt returns where we’re going to try and get in midfield situations we’ve got them backed up and when you get a penalty on a punt return unit it’s magnified because it’s not necessarily where the spot of the foul occurs, your return finish is then tagged 15 backwards so those hurt us and then that swing right before the halftime obviously was a 10-point swing. That would be 24 hours removed.”

By John DeShazier / New Orleans Saints.Com

Full Story – NewOrleansSaints.Com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom