Q for season ticket holders... (1 Viewer)

Bourbon

We're crab people now Dee
Reaction score
To those of you that have parking passes, do you like them? How much are they? What are the things you like/dislike about them?

I'm debating on whether they're worth it as I usually park in the lots underneath the overpasses but the convenience of being at the Dome sounds tempting.

I drive in from BR so cab rides etc. are out of the quesiton for me.

If you don't use it one week how difficult or they to sell?

Thanks in advance!

I've got a parking pass in one of the Dome's lots and it's great. I lucked up and got one of the ones on the upper level (see if you can get one of those) -- that way, were out in the elements and can tailgate with an unobstructed view of the Dome, and not trapped in a dark parking garage with car exhaust.

Pros --
-reserved spot. No matter how late you arrive your spot is waiting for you.
-depending on the size of your car (the spaces are a little small) you can do some light tailgating.
-pretty easy to get in to the lot on game day.

Cons --
-Open flame law prohibits the use of grills and broilers. Really limits tailgating to cold sandwiches. Some folks throw caution to the wind and grill anyway (me included), but I have been shut down by the cops twice in the past two years.
-Not so easy exit. The cluster of people exiting all at once makes a nice little bottleneck which can seriously delay getting out of the garage.

Never sold a parking pass alone, but it does help sweeten the deal when you have to unload your tickets.

I love my parking pass. It has been well worth the $250 to have a secure, reserved spot to park on gameday.

Go for it!

I love my parking pass. It has been well worth the $250 to have a secure, reserved spot to park on gameday.

Go for it!

on the other hand, you can save at least 70 bucks by parking in one of the many lots that are a few blocks from the dome.....or you can save 250 by parking on the street as long as you get there early enough....we do the latter.....and we don't ever wait for traffic when we leave

I paid for a parking pass for about 10 season. The last 2 I didnt even use it, I finaly got it taken off my invoice this year.

If you like to tailgate, STAY AWAY. We also had a top spot, it takes forever to leave and no open flame just kills any tailgate plans.

I usually park across the railroad tracks about a block away from the bridge that goes over them. No traffic leaving and about a 2-3 block walk to the superdome and its free.

actually there is a little traffic getting onto the bridge(people traffic) after games, but after that it is smooth sailing

If you like to tailgate, STAY AWAY. We also had a top spot, it takes forever to leave and no open flame just kills any tailgate plans.

+1

If you plan on tailgating find a lot to do it in. We parked at the top of the garage when we first got our tickets and Its nice to be right by the Dome and all, but not being able to cook really takes away from the fun of tailgating. The traffic is also terrible.

I get downtown early enough where you can find free parking in a metered spot where its free. I havent paid for parking in 2 years. across from the post office on Loyola is where we always park.. you can see the dome and the on ramp to the interstate is a un-turn away. I would recommend parking in the dome lots b/c it take soo long to get out b/c of traffic...

we park in dome on level above where the players park. we eat and hangout and talk to some of them after the games. it usually takes about 1 hour for the traffic to clear. the only reason we started parking there was because of the kids, then we stumbled up on where the players come out. we have gotten alot of great souviners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom