QB Decision Time for the Saints: Time to Bring Someone In? (1 Viewer)

I thought this was a dumb post until I actually read it. But yeah, we have our (now) second string QB playing special teams and TE. If he goes down, we have one QB on the roster. They will at least put somebody on the practice squad me thinks.

I don’t think we signing any big names, they gonna just try and get TB ready. Too much invested in him, sink or swim time. I believe they will sign someone to the PS. Maybe a Kyle Lauletta or Sloter

It's a unique position we find ourselves in. Most teams don't have a 3rd string QB who is getting hit multiple times a game. I think we'll stay with Bridgewater and Hill but contact some guys who need to be ready to get down here at a moment's notice for a tryout.

Looks like it's gonna be JT Barrett back to the practice squad.

The Saints have a big decision to make. We have 2 healthy QBs on the roster, and one of those guys plays a bunch of snaps which could subject him to injury. I think they will look to bring in another backup for a short term insurance policy.

They have Teddy Bridgewater, apparent starter in Brees ~6 week absence, and Taysom Hill, jack of all trades who was running WR routes while we were down two WRs yesterday. I think the Saints value Hill's versatility more than they see him as a QB for 6 weeks. My bet...they want to keep him in that same role.

I am guessing the Saints are on the phone with FA QBs this morning to fill in the gap at QB2/3. No way we roll with Bridgewater and risk his only back up to injury, the way we did yesterday. If we don't see a new QB on the roster by tomorrow, I think it is clear that Hill's role will change to strictly backup. If they sign a Special Teamer, that would be another sign.

If were to bring someone in, any bets on who that might be?
Of course they will bring someone in but they will only be a body with a modicum of talent at this point in the season

I make no judgements on Teddy until after week 3. He gets the start and should get the support. Coach needs to game plan to his strengths and the O-line needs to cut it out with the penalties.

As for a 3rd QB, we just freed up two roster spots. We DO need a #3 and yea I think that guy should be Kap. At the very least, he should be worked out.

One other thing. Does anyone think Coach is just chomping at the bit for this challenge? He’s never been in this spot before. He’s got to go at least six weeks without a a HoF legend. I’m really looking forward to seeing what he does..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom