QB Decision Time for the Saints: Time to Bring Someone In? (1 Viewer)

So Payton deliberately lied for what? So he can bond more with Hill? Sorry but you're not making much sense but okay, whatever you say.

Okay, here are the two possibilities:
- Payton made a comparison to give his player confidence and pump his team up

- Payton truly believes his third string QB is the next coming of a Hall-of-Fame QB, but inexplicably kept the next Steve Young on the bench in favor of a journeyman never-was Teddy Bridgewater in a very important conference game, for... some reason.

And you think the second one is more realistic?

- Payton truly believes his third string QB is the next coming of a Hall-of-Fame QB, but inexplicably kept the next Steve Young on the bench in favor of a journeyman never-was Teddy Bridgewater in a very important conference game, for... some reason.

Payton continued on to say that Young took a few years to develop into the player he was. That's the full reality of what Payton said about Hill.

I was never that high on TB and thought it was stupid to give up a 3rd rounder last year for him, even though most thought it was a great idea for a “probowl qb”

I’m still beating the drum for Sam Bradford like last year. He and Brees are the top 2 record holders for comp % so you know he’s accurate. He gets hurt all the time but this will be the best oline he’s played behind. And he didn’t play much last year so he should be completely healthy. And he won’t hang onto the ball for 10 mins like TB.

Last season, when I was thinking Drew would retire after we'd surely go to the SB n win, I remember mentioning Sam Bradford as a possible stopgap. Sure wouldn't mind having him now

I was never that high on TB and thought it was stupid to give up a 3rd rounder last year for him, even though most thought it was a great idea for a “probowl qb”

I’m still beating the drum for Sam Bradford like last year. He and Brees are the top 2 record holders for comp % so you know he’s accurate. He gets hurt all the time but this will be the best oline he’s played behind. And he didn’t play much last year so he should be completely healthy. And he won’t hang onto the ball for 10 mins like TB.

"Lower down the list but still relevant is the fact that Bradford's long-bothersome knee has become "bone on bone" with no cartilage after two ACL surgeries. We'd be surprised if Bradford played again. "

I'll pass on Bradford. He probably won't pass a physical

Payton continued on to say that Young took a few years to develop into the player he was. That's the full reality of what Payton said about Hill.

In a few years Taysom Hill will be 32.

And if you use that context, then it's disingenuous to use Sean's Steve Young quote to support your belief that he should start over Teddy, since Sean was talking about years down the line, not this Sunday.

All I can say is that I watched Bridgewater play yesterday, and in the preseason and he did not look good. Hill totally outplayed him in the preseason. Furthermore, they needed Hill to play WR because of injuries to Kirkwood and TQS. It was beyond ridiculous what happened yesterday out here. IMHO, they're confidence in Bridgewater is based on how he played before that devastating injury. I'll say this. Hill may not be Steve Young, but he's better than Bridgewater right now and gives the Saints a better chance at winning, Aikman's comments notwithstanding. JMHO.

Last edited:
We need a quarterback to run scout team in practice. We have to at least sign one to the practice squad or we have not scout team qb!!

All I can say is that I watched Bridgewater play yesterday, and in the preseason and he did not look good. Hill totally outplayed him in the preseason. Furthermore, they needed Hill to play WR because of injuries to Kirkwood and TQS. It was beyond ridiculous what happened yesterday out here. IMHO, they're confidence in Bridgewater is based on how he played before that devastating injury. I'll say this. Hill may not be Steve Young, but he's better than Bridgewater right now and gives the Saints a better chance at winning, Aikman's comments notwithstanding. JMHO.
Don't necessarily disagree with you on this one. I'm on the fence right now, but think there's a decent possibility that Hill gives us a better chance to win than Teddy does. I'm hoping Bridgewater just needs some game action to get back into the swing of things. We'll see. I think Teddy is going to get at least 2, if not 3-4 games before Sean does anything drastic, though.

Teddy's contract says he's the backup, and Hill the swiss army knife. They'll give TB a couple weeks to get up to speed before trying out Hill.
Bro! We DON’T HAVE a couple of WEEKS to see IF this highest paid BUQB in The LEAGUE can get his act together and I KNOW Taysom is Game READY NOW! So, how long should we give Teddy? Teddy had Better Be READY! That’s MY TAKE on This situation and I’m sticking to it! He’s NOT NEW! He’s been around and milking this BU role for $7Mil and it’s TIME he EARNS it! ‘Nuff SAID!

Let’s be realistic here, if Teddy plays an amazing game Sunday and the Saints win. Most of these conversations will be muffled for a week.

I’m not convinced Teddy is the right guy but he has my support until Payton changes the plan.

Payton has fired a DC mid season and taken Crawley out as a starter. I trust he will do the right thing here if need be.

With Brees out does that mean we have an extra spot? Can’t run th they way normally do if he’s our only backup. We need a backup in there if we going to to use hill the way Sean uses him. Aikman said it best. With no backup to hill, we have to be very limited in how we use him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom