QB Desmond Ridder- Cincinnati (1 Viewer)

He had a nice pass on the opening drive just a few hours ago. And he plays in the state of Ohio. So maybe, just maybe 🤔

Can we have a discussion on Desmond Ridder from Cincy? Seems like he has the right mindset for a NFL QB. Great feet, has a strong arm and is very mobile.

Can we have a discussion on Desmond Ridder from Cincy? Seems like he has the right mindset for a NFL QB. Great feet, has a strong arm and is very mobile.

This plus like Jameson Williams or some wr that falls would be the perfect way to start our draft. Ridder is such a natural smooth athlete, would love to see him with our coach.

It's pretty much Corral or Pickett if you want to gamble on a day one starter.

It's why I want throw a pick at Willis. The most physically gifted QB in this draft, but isn't day one or even year one ready.

Ohioan...NO. Poor accuracy, struggles when guys aren't wide open. Slow decision-making and release.

Great guy, good leader, career backup.
Is this correct?
He hasn’t lost a game in 2 years.

I’ve not watched a game, but the highlight reel is always good.
Nor do I hear the hate machine ESPN ragging on him.

Last edited:
He prob go top 10 in draft. At this rate saints should be able to get him if we continue to lose

Nope...If you draft a QB rd1...he still won't have anyone to throw to. which means we suck again in 2022, and Kamara is a year older for a legit run in 2023. We're a few players short on offense, but QB isn't the spot where we're deficient.

Ohioan...NO. Poor accuracy, struggles when guys aren't wide open. Slow decision-making and release.

Great guy, good leader, career backup.
I remember all of these concerns or similar ones about Justin Herbert and Lamar Jackson. Too much focus on what he doesn't do well. What does he do well? Is that improvable? Is he really good at something you cannot teach?

He prob go top 10 in draft. At this rate saints should be able to get him if we continue to lose
He’ll be the third QB at best off the board. Much more likely to be the 4th or 5th.

Saints are not drafting anywhere near the top 10 unless we trade up

Ridder interests me. He has been a long-term starter (one of Parcells' draft criteria for a "franchise" QB) that has made his non-traditional team a contender for a title. Can't remember all of Parcells' criteria to draft a QB, but remember CSP stating those criteria in the Saints decision to draft Book. I also remember seeing an early season way-too-soon mock draft projecting Ridder to the Saints, and describing him as a "more athletic, more polished" Ian Book. That sounds pretty good to me!

FWIW, I wanna see what Book has before we burn a pick on another QB prospect, but I've seen enough from Winston, Hill, and Siemian to believe they're not a "franchise QB" either. That just leaves Book as the remaining question mark, IMO. I also trust in CSP, so if Book isn't playing, it's because CSP doesn't think he's ready yet. But when CSP is ready to show it, I wanna see what Book brings to the table before I start clamoring for back-to-back QB picks in the draft.

OTOH, it's been said there are 2 types of teams in the NFL. Those with franchise QBs, and those who are looking for franchise QBs. For 15 years, I knew exactly which category the Saints were in. Now, I'm not exactly sure.....but the Book situation will reveal a lot, IMO. If Book ain't "it", we've GOT to keep drafting QBs until we're back in the former category. Lucky for us, we've got a head coach with an eye for QB talent and a well-earned reputation for being a QB-guru. That doesn't mean every QB he touches will turn to gold; it just means he's more likely to strike gold than the average. I like those chances...

I want whatever/whomever CSP wants!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom