QB Desmond Ridder- Cincinnati (1 Viewer)

Bailey Zappe is the guy I can't quit watching. His presnap recognition is off the chart, super accurate, gets the ball out fast, quick release, makes really good decisions, enough athletic ability to extend the play and keeps his eyes downfield and is accurate on the run. He is undersized, has enough arm to make all the throws but it isn't overwhelming. Workaholic that loves the game. Ton of college experience, huge production for multiple teams (transfered with OC as a Senior). He'll also be there in the 2nd-3rd round due to his size.

Is this correct?
He hasn’t lost a game in 2 years.

I’ve not watched a game, but the highlight reel is always good.
Nor do I hear the hate machine ESPN ragging on him.
UC absolutely belongs in the CFP this year and Ridder has been effective enough to help put them into this position.

Having said that, with a more consistently difficult schedule over the past couple of years, UC would certainly have a few losses and it would be due to offensive inefficiency. It has nearly cost them a couple times this year. Their defense is very good; both corners will go in the first two rounds (Gardner is probably a top 5-10 pick) and Sanders (edge) is another high draft pick. Pierce is an excellent WR and Ford (Bama transfer) is a great RB. Bottom line is that Ridder is surrounded by a lot of talent and he might not even be the best player they have on offense let alone the team. Last year even in the midst of an unblemished season there were plenty of dissenters within the UC program who wondered if he shouldn't be benched. Watch him long enough and you'll see his struggles as a passer even against lesser competition. He's athletic enough as a college QB to overcome his deficiencies as a passer at this level, but Justin Fields for example is a better passer and better athlete and has struggled mightily in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom