QB Future... (1 Viewer)

I don't see a single thing impressive about Grayson. He has an average arm...mediocre pocket presence...mediocre accuracy...and one of the worst deliveries in football.

I would love to know what Payton saw in him when he personally worked him out before the draft.

I am sorry. Grayson is terrible. He is making me miss Ryan Griffin. Most of his completions was dink and dunk. His other throws were inadequate. He should be cut and maybe put on the practice squad. This is just a waste.

I've seen enough of Grayson to answer the only question that matters: if I cut him, do I think I'll regret it in five years when he's leading another team to the Super Bowl? I do not. Not sure what they thought they saw in him coming out of college to draft him in the third, but I would not cut a prospective player to keep him on the roster this year. I'm comfortable with Brees and McCown at QB this year. I actually think McCown is a quality back up who could win us some games if Brees gets hurt. Don't feel the same about Grayson.

Well, we do have one preseason game left. If he is cut like SJB I guess you will be on to something.

I would not have thought it would happen, but his comment in his press conference indicated he was very disappointed in his progress to this point.

We are mostly picking up the wrong players in the draft. I had hope for him but tonight was unacceptable. Bad reads, 2 INT and many things that makes you worry when you think he was picked for the future.

We need to hire someone that can draft right.

It's his 2nd year as a pro. But that being said, i dont see a lot of improvement in his game. As of today, he looks like a #2QB at best. I'm still rooting for him, though. But i doubt he's the guy who takes the reigns from Drew.

We are mostly picking up the wrong players in the draft. I had hope for him but tonight was unacceptable. Bad reads, 2 INT and many things that makes you worry when you think he was picked for the future.

We need to hire someone that can draft right.

I mean we did and this would be valid 2 years ago. Our last 2 drafts have been fine.

Still too early to draw a conclusion on Grayson. He was drafted to be a project so let him be that. He needs at least one more year.

Yeah, not much to look at right now but he has tremendous upside. Think we could trade him for a quality O lineman?

I do not see one redeeming quality in Grayson. Another wasted draft pick. I doubt he is on the roster this year. Ryan Griffen showed more promise than Grayson.

The only thing I thought Grayson did well was avoiding pressure, especially on his first two drives.

But yeah, his arm is weak. Like Brees at age 36 weak but without all the other phenomenal things Brees does to make up for it. His decision making is suspect at best.

I don't think you cut him because we will still need a #2 QB in the future and you give him one more year to step into that (like Griffin got). But as a future starter? No, I just don't see it. He'd of flashed more by now.

I mean we did and this would be valid 2 years ago. Our last 2 drafts have been fine.

Still too early to draw a conclusion on Grayson. He was drafted to be a project so let him be that. He needs at least one more year.

How have the last 2 drafts been fine ? Are you referring to the Andrus Peat selection at 13 where we drafted a guy to play Tackle that can't play Tackle at the NFL level so we are trying to make him a Guard ? Or drafting a guy with a history of Knee injuries early only to have him suffer another knee injury and end his season again ? Or drafting Grayson in the 3rd round ...

This years draft hasn't played a down in the regular season yet.

Last year what we got is an Outside Linebacker ( that we drafted to play MLB and couldn't )

How have the last 2 drafts been fine ? Are you referring to the Andrus Peat selection at 13 where we drafted a guy to play Tackle that can't play Tackle at the NFL level so we are trying to make him a Guard ? Or drafting a guy with a history of Knee injuries early only to have him suffer another knee injury and end his season again ? Or drafting Grayson in the 3rd round ...

This years draft hasn't played a down in the regular season yet.

Last year what we got is an Outside Linebacker ( that we drafted to play MLB and couldn't )

Matt no one over here wants to hear that but you are spot on. We blew last years draft. We are a bad football team but of course its just preseason is the mantra over here. I don't need to wait two more weeks to see with my own eyes that we lack talent across the board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom