QB Future... (1 Viewer)

QB of the future isn't on the roster obviously and I'm not sure Brees is even the short term future QB. We need so much rebuilding on the offense that his contract might be cost prohibitive to putting a competent unit on the field. The line needs an overhaul and we have only one solid piece under contract for next season. Those guys don't come cheap as free agents. Does it make sense to keep doing the same thing or do we really start to rebuild? Not sure.

I don't want to overreact to preseason, but Payton made clear that he wanted to establish a winning culture right from the start this season and we haven't even been close. Sometimes teams can turn it around--look horrible for a stretch and the click--but I just don't see the talent out there.

I have to agree that the prime culprit is the draft. We haven't had a really good draft since before the Super Bowl and it shows. Sure we've hit on a player or two, but not enough to stay on track as a playoff team. Too many misses to high in the draft are hard to recover from, and we've had plenty these past few years. I was cautiously optimistic about last year's class, but it already looks problematic. Peat and Anthony, our first rounders, have already had to shift positions to get on the field, not a great sign. Kikaha suffered another injury of the type that plagued him in college and even before that you can't say he had proven he could play at an NFL level at his position. Grayson remains a project at best and is not a sure bet to even make the roster if the Saints go with the best 53. That's a lot of dead air at the top of the draft. When combined with all the dead money on the cap constraining our ability to sign free agents, we are left with trying to do more with less and it shows, especially against better teams.

I hope something comes together, especially along the offensive and defensive lines, but as they say hope isn't much of a plan.

I'm not sure we have 45 guys worthy of making an nfl roster. I bet we put in claims for 4-5 players cut from other teams.

Brees contract isn't killing this team now or in the immediate future

We have signed much less impact players and the dead money and missed on draft picks

Byrd hasn't earned his deal and he was signed when we had no money , galette was throwing away money, Ingrim nor Peat are 1st round productive players

Picks like Charles Brown and the like got us nothing

UDFAs are better than many of our picks

We have gone through defensive cords like no team I've ever seen and kept asst coaches despite their position groups being poor

In fact the one thing we do well is cap management but get players that don't produce

A FS won't give you much if he is hurt and there is no QB pressure

The one consistent has been QB play and now everyone is blaming that position - look at the contracts of some of the other QBs in the league

Grayson has improved his pocket presence from last year along with his awareness

I'm still unimpressed with his passes/arm strength

No way he's the future unless he's hiding some amazing athletic talent from us all

I don't think Grayson will ever be good enough to be our franchise QB.

But i'm not calling him a bust. He was drafted to be a project, not a day one starter and that is what he is/was: a project. And when you draft a project QB you must know there is a huge chance of not working. So i don't think that was a wasted pick.

Grayson isn't even going to move up out of 3rd string. ****** me off we wasted a 3rd round pick on him.

They could've had Jordan hicks or Danielle Hunter or even David Johnson (Arz)

I'm not sure we have 45 guys worthy of making an nfl roster. I bet we put in claims for 4-5 players cut from other teams.

I agree. The saints should cut 75 on Tuesday, and sign everyone they can from the cutdown wire because everyone else's roster is so much better than ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How have the last 2 drafts been fine ? Are you referring to the Andrus Peat selection at 13 where we drafted a guy to play Tackle that can't play Tackle at the NFL level so we are trying to make him a Guard ? Or drafting a guy with a history of Knee injuries early only to have him suffer another knee injury and end his season again ? Or drafting Grayson in the 3rd round ...

This years draft hasn't played a down in the regular season yet.

Last year what we got is an Outside Linebacker ( that we drafted to play MLB and couldn't )

If you are expecting all pro's right off the bat than I guess no we have not done well. What you and alot of fans now seems to want is instant gratification. You dont even give guys a shot before you write them off. Player development is lost of some i see.

LT, RT, G who cares. You seem way to focused on what he was drafted as. If he plays better at guard (which he does by the way) than what difference does it make.

Kikaha is hurt yes but he is fully expected to recover. He looked good when he was healthy. Players get hurt, sorry to tell you.

I dont love the Grayson pick, but again you have not given him a chance. He was never expected to be pro ready by year 2 so maybe you should bring down your expectations just a tad.

Anthony will be fine. Nothing wrong with having him in another position that allows him to focus on just playing and not overthinking the position.

and yes, you are right the class this year has not played a down yet, but you seem to want to write them off already. Makes sense.

If you are expecting all pro's right off the bat than I guess no we have not done well. What you and alot of fans now seems to want is instant gratification. You dont even give guys a shot before you write them off. Player development is lost of some i see.

LT, RT, G who cares. You seem way to focused on what he was drafted as. If he plays better at guard (which he does by the way) than what difference does it make.

Kikaha is hurt yes but he is fully expected to recover. He looked good when he was healthy. Players get hurt, sorry to tell you.

I dont love the Grayson pick, but again you have not given him a chance. He was never expected to be pro ready by year 2 so maybe you should bring down your expectations just a tad.

Anthony will be fine. Nothing wrong with having him in another position that allows him to focus on just playing and not overthinking the position.

and yes, you are right the class this year has not played a down yet, but you seem to want to write them off already. Makes sense.

I didn't say anything about writing off this year's draft ..?? I just said they haven't played a down yet.

You can't miss in Rounds 1-3 as often as we do ( Inwas going to list the misses but there are a lot )

And we agree to disagree on the fact that I actually do get hung up on where a guy drafted 13th overall is picked to play and then gets moved inside because he can't play outside where he was drafted. I am hung up on that because it speaks to the guys who are pulling the trigger on these drafts.

Payton's last comment in the presser may be an ominous sign for Grayson. He said he would expect Grayson to be further along by this point than he is. To openly state that in a presser could mean Grayson is on thin ice.

I didn't see or hear the presser. WOW !!! That's gotta hurt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom