QB Grayson reminds me of Steve Walsh (1 Viewer)

Great Dane

He who dares wins
Reaction score
To be fair Steve Walsh was a better QB in his 8-8 season. But Grayson looks like Walsh (lacklustre attitude, lacklustre leadership, dink & dunk passes, slow decision time, no urgency or competitiveness.). I hope I am wrong but right now Grayson seems like a wasted 3rd round pick. I would rather have RG4 back

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I told you guys last year that GG is not the answer for our future QB. Til this day, I have no idea why we drafted him.

Cuozzo67

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He's got a stronger arm than Walsh, and throws better on the run. Like Walsh, he's not very accurate and has poor pocket awareness. With the way the OL is playing, you can't totally blame him for having "happy feet" in the pocket.

When the team re-signed Luke McCown, that was a bad sign as to the progress of Grayson. If he plays poorly on Thursday night, he might be gone. I would imagine he'll have 2 or 3 quarters to show what he can do.

At this point, I'm not really expecting much ... but, we'll see.

OP
Great Dane

Great Dane

He who dares wins
Reaction score
I do think the team moves on without Grayson. He might even get cut after preseason game 4. This is not a criticism, as it takes 5-7 drafts to land a good back up QB. Nice try (up on the horse again next draft). But realistically we only have 2 years to find the next starter........

gumbotron

Saints Nut
Reaction score
first time I hav ever heard it purported that the we chose draft picks based purportedly on the staffs molly consumption, ....interesting theory :scratch:

Crush

Very Banned
Reaction score
Grayson looks like a 3rd string QB and a career backup. Every game convinces me more that he was a wasted pick and has less potential than RG4 did.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We're still feel impact of bad drafting and will for a while.

SaintTiger

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
To be fair Steve Walsh was a better QB in his 8-8 season. But Grayson looks like Walsh (lacklustre attitude, lacklustre leadership, dink & dunk passes, slow decision time, no urgency or competitiveness.). I hope I am wrong but right now Grayson seems like a wasted 3rd round pick. I would rather have RG4 back
:plus-un2: I agree.

SaintsSupremacy

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
You guys realize hes playing with backups and 3rd stringers? Yeah when you have a bad oline and no good receivers you're gonna have a bad time on the field. Sean Payton is a QB guru and there's a reason he likes GG.

OP
Great Dane

Great Dane

He who dares wins
Reaction score
You guys realize hes playing with backups and 3rd stringers? Yeah when you have a bad oline and no good receivers you're gonna have a bad time on the field. Sean Payton is a QB guru and there's a reason he likes GG.
I do not agree. The 2 INT's were 100% on Grayson (no matter who is protecting him or catching the ball). Not a good sign to make two such bad throws (plus the other INT in the first preseason game).
He just looks lacklustre - no fire - no competitiveness.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see any of that.

Walsh was a statue in the pocket. Grayson has great feet and decent athleticism. His arm is a little stronger too. Except for the INT's, I was very impressed with his performance vs Pitt. That's a lack of knowledge and ability to read the defense, not attitude or leadership.

head trauma

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
He's not going to be cut. The guy could very well be the next Aaron Rogers. He's going to need more time, everybody just don't beast out right out of college. Peat was a bad pick being that he was a first rounder. Grayson just needs more time, for peat sakes he was a 3rd round pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom