NFL Draft QB Jordan Love, Utah State (1 Viewer)

Makes no sense for us to draft Love when Teddy is out there for us. Love will take 1-2 years to be a competitive QB

I hear you. I also wish Loose Cannon would share an in-depth analysis of Taysom. LC really knows football, I mean very well. He followed Taysom all his years in college. Apparently they played his UT Lamehorns a few years (sorry, the LSU Homer in me couldn't resist that shot - lol). If I remember correctly, Taysom did not finish a season because of injuries. It would seem that we need a real backup, like Teddy if we try to go full out Taysom.

It all depends on how hard the prospect wants to work on his craft and the coaching that he receives. I present to you... Drew friggin Brees and his pre-draft reports.

I think Sean likes him.

I found it really interesting that three respected draft people who were at the Sr. Bowl all week (including Daniel Jeremiah) each put out mocks with Love going to the Saints.

There's definitely some building smoke there.

I have no problems if Love is the pick. It’s crazy how some people think QBs grow on trees. If a prospect has all the tools and you think he’s coachable and feel his flaws can easily be corrected and in the timeline you’re looking for, it’s a no brainer. This is a deep class and there will be QBs to be had at 24. I’m not advocating for Love per say but if Sean has a prospect he loves at 24 regardless of who the player is, I’m onboard.

Utah State quarterback Jordan Love has entered the 2020 NFL draft. This draft report breaks down his background, performance and where he goes from here.
The college football enigma that is Jordan Love has declared for the 2020 NFL Draft. A relative unknown before 2018, Love has skyrocketed up the quarterback draft boards in the weeks since his draft announcement. While 2019 might have been a tough year for Love and the Utah State Aggies, Love has put enough on film the past two seasons to make football insiders excited at the prospect of Love entering the NFL.

The way it was explained to me was that Love looked a lot like Patrick Mahomes coming out of college. A player from a medium-sized football program, with obvious talent, who could throw the ball vertically down the field like an elite quarterback, with great accuracy, but who had less than ideal technique.

Nobody wants to admit they were one of the many people who slept on Mahomes coming out into the 2017 draft. Now people are falling over themselves to label Love as the next messiah for one of the NFL’s quarterback-needy teams.

But is all this hype legit? Does Love really have what it takes to be an elite quarterback in the NFL? What was so special about his 2018 season? What happened in 2019? If he was so great, why didn’t his skills carry into the next year? How did he end up at Utah State to begin with? Could Love really play at the same level as Mahomes or is he more likely to play like Jameis Winston: a high-flying vertical passing quarterback, with fatal flaws in his ability to read coverages?

Jordan Love will take over in 2022 after Drew retires.

He without a doubt will be our 1st round draft pick.

Meh. I’d rather draft Solomon Kindley with #24 n trade for a guy like Josh Rosen or Nick Mullens. But he is somewhat intriguing

I see he’s supposed to be mobile but I found a 5.1 when I checked his 40 time. Am I missing sumthin?
Josh Rosen, Jesus that's hilarious.

Anyway we can get Matt Leinhart to come out of retirement?

You seriously would trade your first round pick for Josh Rosen? And Nick Mullens worth a first round pick?

Man as GM you'd be fired the second you made that decision.

I knew there was a great reason we should ignore any commentary you ever made about Drew, and here it is.

Josh Rosen, Jesus that's hilarious.

Anyway we can get Matt Leinhart to come out of retirement?

You seriously would trade your first round pick for Josh Rosen? And Nick Mullens worth a first round pick?

Man as GM you'd be fired the second you made that decision.

I knew there was a great reason we should ignore any commentary you ever made about Drew, and here it is.

Well, after all that drivel, maybe now u can take me directly in my post to where I even come close to suggesting trading a 1st for either of them

I’ll wait

Last edited:
This is pretty much what you’re looking at if you don’t have access to a top 5 pick. That’s not to say that either of them won’t be good...just a little more risk.

Gordon looked pretty solid in the Senior Bowl. Minshew came from the same system and looks like he has NFL potential. Not a bad arm. Ca go through progressions. I don’t love his footwork in the pocket and likes to throw from unorthodox positions (not unlike Minshew).
Gordon looked better than Love did in the senior bowl but I think only Herbert has a chance to beat out someone like Bridgewater or Taysom Hill because of his big arm/mobility combo.

Gordon looked better than Love did in the senior bowl but I think only Herbert has a chance to beat out someone like Bridgewater or Taysom Hill because of his big arm/mobility combo.
Just looking at Gordon videos and games, he is pretty accurate with his throws. Has decent pocket awareness. Moves around the pocket well to extend plays. However, doesn't seem to have the strongest arms and lack mobility. He is someone I like better than Love. But I wouldn't take both of them in the first round.

Just looking at Gordon videos and games, he is pretty accurate with his throws. Has decent pocket awareness. Moves around the pocket well to extend plays. However, doesn't seem to have the strongest arms and lack mobility. He is someone I like better than Love. But I wouldn't take both of them in the first round.
Exactly.

I just finished watching the senior bowl this morning but I caught much of the Shrine game last week.

Also keep an eye on Qb Mason Fine for North Texas who is very similar to Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson.

If Fine runs in the 4.5-4.6 range He could also be a guy like Gordon to consider in rounds 3 or 4.

Exactly.

I just finished watching the senior bowl this morning but I caught much of the Shrine game last week.

Also keep an eye on Qb Mason Fine for North Texas who is very similar to Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson.

If Fine runs in the 4.5-4.6 range He could also be a guy like Gordon to consider in rounds 3 or 4.
The thing I like about Mason is his release before the receiver makes that break. Good release on the throws. But I do notice he don't step up as much. But all that can be coached.

The thing I like about Mason is his release before the receiver makes that break. Good release on the throws. But I do notice he don't step up as much. But all that can be coached.

I agree.

They all need coaching but Fine has potential. I read that he ran a 4.52 out of high school which is what Russell Wilson ran at the combine.

Fine is also the active career leader in passing yards with 12,505

I would take Love if he fell to the 3rd round. No way I take him at 24 unless he just blows Payton away. I like his athleticism and arm strength, but don’t think he has the field vision needed to excel at the next level. He kind of reminds me of Marcus Mariota, who I really liked coming out of Oregon, but has shown he is likely just back up material for the NFL.
3rd round 24th pick, that's a ridiculous scenario.

Y'all get used to this name, because he is the heir apparent to Brees in 2 years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom