NFL Draft QB Jordan Love, Utah State (1 Viewer)

With no 2nd round pick, I really hope the Saints don’t take a QB in the first round. There are plenty of other holes to fill first rather then picking another “project” at QB. If Hill resigns with the Saints, sign a veteran backup and worry about the future at QB when you have to.

Too much buzz about him right now. I don't see him lasting into the 20s.

I think Eason is a better prospect then J Love. Eason had a partying issue when first got to Georgia. Once he cut the crap out and focused on his game, huge jump in tape. Better mechanics, Better intangibles to go with good arm talent. Gives impression he can be coachable and continue to get better.

With no 2nd round pick, I really hope the Saints don’t take a QB in the first round. There are plenty of other holes to fill first rather then picking another “project” at QB. If Hill resigns with the Saints, sign a veteran backup and worry about the future at QB when you have to.

U gotta figure that they have a plan in place to get back in the 2nd (unfortunately, I think the plan is to trade Kamara)

We have 2 QBs on the wrong side of 30. 1 who’s on his very last leg n runs outta gas towards the end of the season n the other who’s really just a gadget man who’s never shined against top competition. Sorry but the time to worry about the future @ QB is NOW

My favorite QBs in this draft (other than Burrow n Tua) are Love n Hurts. I’d be glad to have either
I think Eason is a better prospect then J Love. Eason had a partying issue when first got to Georgia. Once he cut the crap out and focused on his game, huge jump in tape. Better mechanics, Better intangibles to go with good arm talent. Gives impression he can be coachable and continue to get better.

Eason is intriguing too but a better prospect than Love? Nah. Love is much better @ touch passing. Plus he’s much more mobile, which is where the league seems to be leaning towards these days

That sounds just like Hurt, who I would love to have for Taysom's role. I don't think Love would shine in that role, but could make a starting QB someday with lots of seasoning.

I wouldn’t ask Hurts to play Taysom’s role. Disrespectful IMO

Hurts has a much more stellar college resume’ than Hill as a QB. He’s won a championship n went to the CFP as a QB

U draft Hurts to play QB. Nothing else

Too much buzz about him right now. I don't see him lasting into the 20s.

I wonder how much of this potential interest in Love is the Mahomes effect, where every OC wants the next Mahomes. In the past, when I've seen teams try to draft a clone of the latest last year phenom, they fail miserably. To me, he looks interesting. If we don't get Burrow, and SP thinks he can train him up to be a top mobile QB, I'll trust Ireland and SP

I wonder how much of this potential interest in Love is the Mahomes effect, where every OC wants the next Mahomes. In the past, when I've seen teams try to draft a clone of the latest last year phenom, they fail miserably. To me, he looks interesting. If we don't get Burrow, and SP thinks he can train him up to be a top mobile QB, I'll trust Ireland and SP
I'm not sure but you might be right about the Mahomes effect. I've seen several people talk about him like the potential late 1st round guy that teams like the Pats might grab.

Love has been compared to Mahomes for physical ability and arm for quite a while now. This isn't new.

Sure. I think it’s a bit different when it’s confirmed in a setting like this, with a ton of pressure on, surrounded by other top prospects and NFL heavy hitters.

Also, his measurables have blown away Mahomes:

Vertical: Mahomes: 30 inches, Love 35.5
40: Mahomes 4.8, Love 4.65 (though went up to 4.74 on review)
Hand size: Mahomes 9 1/4 Love 10 4/8

He was very impressive on the combine tonight! wow, he has the skills. idk if he has the leadership and football IQ to be a leading QB. Aware this last year was not that good but his team sucked with 9 new starters on offense and new HC.

Sure. I think it’s a bit different when it’s confirmed in a setting like this, with a ton of pressure on, surrounded by other top prospects and NFL heavy hitters.

Also, his measurables have blown away Mahomes:

Vertical: Mahomes: 30 inches, Love 35.5
40: Mahomes 4.8, Love 4.65 (though went up to 4.74 on review)
Hand size: Mahomes 9 1/4 Love 10 4/8

CSP probably fell in Love with this performance that solidifies the tape especially from 2018.

Be such a nice scenario to get him at 24 and let him just learn everything he can from Brees and let Hill's playoff role evolve even further. Get some WRs later on and utilize FA to strengthen D and OL. Right back in the mix!

I’m so disconnected I didn’t realize the combine was happening.

Seeing that Love ran a 4.65, that’s a far cry from the 4.9-5.0 “estimates” those useless draft sites had.

He was obviously fast in college to anyone with eyes.

And my opinion hasn’t changed from the beginning of this thread. I think he’s a good prospect and it makes so much sense to draft him while Brees stays for his last season.

We need a guy to at least take a shot at becoming the next franchise QB. Taysom Hill is a stopgap at his age.

Exactly.

I just finished watching the senior bowl this morning but I caught much of the Shrine game last week.

Also keep an eye on Qb Mason Fine for North Texas who is very similar to Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson.

If Fine runs in the 4.5-4.6 range He could also be a guy like Gordon to consider in rounds 3 or 4.

Could be a good sidekick to Taysom if the Saints want to go that route.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom