QB Ryan Griffin vying for backup role with Saints (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

QB Ryan Griffin vying for backup role with Saints

By Guerry Smith - Special to The Advocate

Ryan Griffin led running back Travaris Cadet perfectly on a short throw that turned into a long gain Tuesday on the opening day of Saints minicamp. A day later, he found wide receiver Jarred Fayson deep down the sideline for what would have been a touchdown in a live drill.

Griffin, a rookie undrafted free agent from Tulane, is unlikely to make New Orleans’ active roster this season as he competes with veterans Luke McCown and Seneca Wallace to replace Chase Daniel as Drew Brees’ backup. A spot on the practice roster is well within reach, though, and he’s giving himself the best shot possible because of his familiarity with the system.

Tulane coach Curtis Johnson brought the Saints offense with him when he took the Green Wave job last year after six seasons as the receivers coach in New Orleans under Sean Payton. The terminology and many of the plays Griffin is running in minicamp already are second nature.

More - Advocate

Id love that kid to be the 2nd stringer. He has great potential. Bring him along like the packers did with rodgers.

I think he makes third string and the PS this year. who is the last QB drafted by the Saints to make the roster?

I guess he would be technically 3rd string if the Saints placed him on PS.

I highly doubt they will carry 3 active QB's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom