QB situation (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Martin is old and palko is unproven. Do yall think we sign someone in free agency
Does anyone have a list of free agent QBS

Jamie Martin is an UFA and I highly doubt he will resign with us. Two QBs I think are worth a look are Daunte Culpepper and Josh McCown. While Daunte is far from the player he used to be, he's at the point in his career where a backup role my be more suitable for him. Same for McCown. Cleo Lemon from Miami and Quinn Gray in Jacksonville may be worth a glance and an invite to camp. Daunte would be my choice.

Palko is the backup QB of the future....he's got grit a strong arm, was a coaches son and ran the offense pretty well for an undrafted rookie last preseason, he will only get better and has a head start on anybody else we bring in...nobody is gonna keep this offense going the way Brees does if Brees goes down, so no backup will be good enough IMHO, there job is to win you one or two games and I believe Palko can be that and more for us....its funny how excited everybody was about him, but now that we are on to another offseason people wanna forget about him, they want someone new to get excited over...even though there not gonna really see the field either.

We need a backup with the same skillset as Brees. Culpepper lacks the smarts of Brees and his pocket awareness. I'm not sure how well Daunte moves after the knee problems, but he's never done well moving within the pocket. He may take off, but if forced to stay in the pocket, he doesn't have the awareness to step up. Instead, he gets sacked and fumbles. Of course there is no backup we will find to come close to matching Brees (unless we get lucky with a Romo), but we need a similar QB. The Falcons had all sorts of problems anytime Vick missed a game because the backups Doug Johnson and Matt Schaub were complete opposites. The only positive with Culpepper is the cannon, but we don't have an offensive line that can keep him clean enough. We all know Brees plays a big part in avoiding sacks and Daunte can't do it well.

Josh McCown might be a good pickup, daute CANCER, and immature for a QB (leader) we don't need that dynamic in the locker room

I like Palko but dont think he is ready just yet if Breesus would pick up an injury! I wouldnt mind seing Quinn Gray he put up some good numbers on a run 1st offense.

At least anyone who is #2 will still be working with Pete Carmichael

I think Palko is a good one too. Probably someone will come in and who knows what TC brings. I have been critical of Martin before but truthfully I don't know if he is good or not. I trust Payton on this one to make the right choice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom