QB Tiers - Where does Teddy go? (1 Viewer)

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Let's finally do this.

I'm going to attempt to tier the current starting QBs in the NFL. And let's figure out in which tier Teddy goes. This is going to be our biggest offseason decision.

I'm not going to really get into an argument of who belongs in which tiers - it's just a general guideline. It's more of a "where is Teddy" (and what is he worth). The criteria are that this is for this year. Not history, not future. Just, who is an effective QB right now.

Tier 1: Lamar Jackson
Tier 2: Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers
Tier 3: Kurt Cousins, Dak Prescott, Deshaun Watson, Tom Brady
Tier 4: Josh Allen, Jacoby Brissett, Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan I guess
Tier 5: Derek Carr, Jimmy Garrapolo, Baker Mayfield
Tier 6: Kyler Murray, Philip Rivers, Jameis Winston
Tier 7: Kyle Allen, Whoever the Jaguars QB is, basically everyone else
Tier Mitch Trubisky: Mitch Trubisky

What you got?

Last edited:
You seen any football lately though?

But fine. Combine tiers 1 and 2. Would you like to contribute to the thread?

Seen a lot of football, specifically Lamar (he's my fantasy QB). I've watched him a fair amount last year too. This looks like recency bias. For example Josh Allen in tier 3? I guess because of one game last week. Should put Tannehill up there too in that case. Even then I wouldn't give Lamar his own tier

It was hard for me to figure out the list so I could even place Bridgewater.

In general, I think Teddy is just above a mid-range QB. He has a high floor as a safe QB and can put up some big games occasionally. Guess that would be around tier 3 if you had 8 tiers.

Last edited:

Exactly where I'm at on him. He can definitely run an offense just as effectively as anyone in tier 4. The question is whether he can elevate an offense like the guys 3 and above can. We'll see next year when he's throwing to Keenan Allen or (god please no) Chris Godwin and Mike Evans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom